Author Topic: BUSHMASTER MICRO RED DOT CO-WITNESS SIGHT & MOUNT  (Read 1594 times)

owenj492

• Trade Count: (0)
BUSHMASTER MICRO RED DOT CO-WITNESS SIGHT & MOUNT
« on: August 01, 2020, 02:45:36 PM »
Anyone have one of these and are they any good? CDNNSports has them for $59.99

https://www.cdnnsports.com/bushmaster-micro-red-dot-co-witness-sight-mount.html

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
Re: BUSHMASTER MICRO RED DOT CO-WITNESS SIGHT & MOUNT
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 05:12:36 AM »
kinda worries me buying these cheapy dot scopes , ive bought a few over the years and all are battery devourers , we are talking it will chew a battery up in a hour or less , they take a CR2032  disc battery so not cheap when talking the amount of usage you get , i can get roughly 8 hours out of my Leupold ,its motion activated so i have to remember to remove  when not in use , dont know why they cant just come up with a waterproof on off button for Dots

i would think that Remington would have copyrights to "Bushmaster" , as there is no remington logo in the ad anywhere,,,,,,
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 05:17:57 AM »
Try this link and there are many more like it. Sorry its on commie-tube but...

Online Cz315

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 08:41:27 AM »
Anytime I bought "budget" optics I regretted it later. Lemons happen with all of them, but all of the ones I bought to save money I either sold for next to nothing or just threw away.

It's also hard to go back once you try nice quality glass. At this point my optics cost more than my rifles. I buy used quality brands that offer excellent warranty.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 01:22:24 PM »
Anytime I bought "budget" optics I regretted it later. Lemons happen with all of them, but all of the ones I bought to save money I either sold for next to nothing or just threw away.

It's also hard to go back once you try nice quality glass. At this point my optics cost more than my rifles. I buy used quality brands that offer excellent warranty.
exactly , you are much better served saving the dough and start at the $250 and up range , plus when you get in that range you get into adjustable MOA , the cheapies offer adjustable bright which just piles on the horrible battery consumption

my Leupold is a 1MOA , and adjusts in 1/4 MOA increments , so with a 1 MOA  dot , the dot covers approx 1 inch of your target  ,at 100 yardsthe further out you go the smaller your dot gets , so to keep a usable dot for target acquisition click 4 to retain 1MOA at 200 yards and so on

since im starting with a 1 MOA adjusting closer doesnt work , so at 50 yards the dot appears to cover 2 inches of the target , at 25 4inches and so on , most choose between 2.5 and 4 MOA , i went with a 1MOA because its on a LR308 ,not designed for up close

my next optic will be a Leupold firedot

i finally got my AR Varminter bull barrel , i have a QD mount coming ,and  i have a Zeiss that will sit on that
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper