Author Topic: Hello from Slovenia  (Read 5448 times)

Offline bob78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Hello from Slovenia
« on: December 13, 2017, 01:57:52 PM »
I am proud owner of 1988 M59/66A1 from Slovenia, sports shooter, and gun aficionado.

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
Re: Hello from Slovenia
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 02:50:32 PM »
Welcome to SKS Files from SW Ohio bob78 glad to have you aboard. I also have a late production 59/66 A1, and a well worn C prefix M59.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 03:25:17 PM »
Welcome

You live in Slovenia?   :o

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 03:29:41 PM »
Welcome aboard! Happy to have someone from Slovenia!  thumb1

I have quite a few SKS and Mauser models out of the former Yugoslavia and even a Slovenian Protokol M59/66A1

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 07:22:04 PM »
hi bob and welcome. good to have you here.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 09:15:02 PM »
Greetings from New Mexico, USA bob!  Welcome to the boards!

I only have three Yugos.  A little M59

a lightly stocked M59/66A1

and a long barreled still in the grease

We're all very happy to hear your first hand experience here!  Please post on any topic you'd like.  thumb1

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 10:05:26 PM »
Welcome from Montana USA...

I have a nice tidy Yugo collection I need to do a photo spread for... a M59, a 59/66 and a 59/66A1....

Does yours have the Tritium night sights? I kinda want one of those. :)

A long berrel is a lusty want too...but I am too cheap, as if those are available anyway.  It is nice to see a new member from their homeland.  thumb1

Offline bob78

• Newber
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 11:53:59 AM »
Welcome

You live in Slovenia?   :o

Yes. It's nice small country with quite liberal gun laws.  :)

Offline bob78

• Newber
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 11:59:22 AM »

I have Tritium night sights, but to use a rifle on gun ranges in Slovenia, I had to have granade launcher and bayonet removed. You could keep them on rifle if you are a collector, but I like to use my rifles, so I keep removed items separated and at home.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
Thats great!

What can you tell us about the Long Barrel m59s? 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 03:37:55 AM »

I have Tritium night sights, but to use a rifle on gun ranges in Slovenia, I had to have granade launcher and bayonet removed. You could keep them on rifle if you are a collector, but I like to use my rifles, so I keep removed items separated and at home.

Grenade launchers and bayonets seem so silly to have laws regarding....California seems to hate them both too...but how often have you heard of a grenade launched or a person bayonetted these days? 

Unless....you actually can get grenades that would work...in that case. Message me....even practice grenades would be fun just to mess with the customs people who already have me on a list or two. rofl

At least you can have the option of keeping it intact or using it freely. California doesn't do that...so glad I am not there....so many guns have been mutilated by that state.

And yes....do you have any info about the long barreled M59s?  :)

Offline bob78

• Newber
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 07:01:13 AM »
i've never heard about long barreled M59s here in Slovenia. They are not mentioned in official Yugoslavian Army Field Manuals. I have seen them before, on US forums and Arms dealers' pages, but that's it. If I get some information about it, I will let you know.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 09:06:23 AM »
i've never heard about long barreled M59s here in Slovenia. They are not mentioned in official Yugoslavian Army Field Manuals. I have seen them before, on US forums and Arms dealers' pages, but that's it. If I get some information about it, I will let you know.

Please do!

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 10:43:43 PM »
Welcome to the Files Sks Boards Bob.. Were interested also to know how did you purchase your 59/66 ? At a military surplus store ?  And do you get to choose from many guns of which you can buy ? As in picking one from a crate ? Its pretty cool we have a member from your country of this firearm which many love here in this country.. Don't leave us !!!!  chuckles1 Also do you translate your postings or write in English ? It appears you are not using a translator..? Welcome !!!  Write ! We are listening  ;)

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 10:53:02 PM »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 11:50:58 PM »
Somebody has a serious m59 problem.   wink1

thumb1

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 02:29:54 AM »
I only see an M59 solution...what am I missing?  clap1

Sexiest collection on the net. Who needs grenade launchers?

Offline bob78

• Newber
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 08:43:32 AM »
Welcome to the Files Sks Boards Bob.. Were interested also to know how did you purchase your 59/66 ? At a military surplus store ?  And do you get to choose from many guns of which you can buy ? As in picking one from a crate ? Its pretty cool we have a member from your country of this firearm which many love here in this country.. Don't leave us !!!!  chuckles1 Also do you translate your postings or write in English ? It appears you are not using a translator..? Welcome !!!  Write ! We are listening  ;)

Thank you, glad to be here, because I'm a huge fan of SKS platform. Bought my M59/66a1 at regular gun store. We don't have any military surplus stores here, because all our surplus military items have to be sold through public auctions and only business owners were allowed to participate. You can check that auctions in my post about Slovenian HG rifles:
http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=3501.msg42480#msg42480
As I said there, all chromed Slovenian ceremonial rifles, and most other M59 and M59/66 imported to US in last year or two are from these auctions, as is my rifle. I bought mine in this Slovenian gun store:
http://rebec.si

I am writing in English, I've learned it in high school and in college. I hope I'll be able to provide some information about our favorite rifles. 

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 10:15:22 AM »
4 of these came from "Dan's Ammo" summer of 2016 . They were listed as Police Trade Inns and when I talked on the phone with them they said they didn't know if they would ever have a batch of M59's again.. Haven't seen anyone selling them since besides Gunbroker and Individual sales. Id love to own the M59/66 but the laws here in California appear to somewhat be as in Slovenia .. At least Bob can own one and choose to remove the launcher if he wants to shoot it. There is a way to own one here but then its not the original configuration and I don't want to deal with it.. Few more pics. Ive posted these here before so this is nothing but a follow up appt.. chuckles1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »
I really dont like you right now.   wink1

chuckles1

whistle12