Author Topic: IZMASH MODEL IZH-35M  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
IZMASH MODEL IZH-35M
« on: July 03, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »
I went today to pick up yet, another old Mossberg, maybe.... I'll get to that later  :)  but, this thing has been taunting me since I laid my paws on it. Along with the Makarov I have thats marked Baikal or IZHEVSKY MEKHANICHESKY ZAVOD, now there is this, made by the same firm.. figured I'd try something new.... a Russian target pistol in .22lr. From what I can gather, it was used or a model very similar was used in rapid fire Olympic and other Russian shooting competitions. I have yet to really get familiar with it, I did test 3 magazines to satisfy my inner me...Jimmy. The grip is unlike any I have used and really adds stability and control, it's exactly like wearing a glove equipped with a magazine, barrel and a firing pin. Also, like a good Ak..it rattles and clanks around all sloppy like, it has the rough finish of a war time Mosin, but.....it is a .22lr hand laser as I had learned by the 3rd magazine.  Might need some good standard velocity ammo and a day off from work to........go play :)

Both magazines are serial matched, both have the serial followed by a -0 and a -1, the -0 is not really shown, but, it's still loaded in the magazine well, in my haste for pictures and to get out of the skeeter hell, I ain't getting my blood drained for ya'll and a picture. rofl

One could add optics or a rail, provided they line up with the holes, also note how low the bore sits in the frame, and a typical target crown. You cant tell, but the barrel is actually 6 inches long. The actual slide sits low like the bore, the slide grip serrations are shown in the top set of pictures towards the front, the ejection port is shown in the 5th picture down..

Like a typical target style weapon, everything is adjustable, the trigger pull, over travel, even the position of the trigger in the guard is movable, I also understand there is a sear adjustment as well under the left grip panel..

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: IZMASH MODEL IZH-35M
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 12:24:25 AM »
Nice! 'IZH 35M, .22 caliber Target Pistol' is exclusion item 1C of the VRA...they should still be importable notwithstanding recent sanctions due to the conflict in Ukrane and the Crimean annexation by Russia.

That thing looks like it weighs a ton. Is it a blowback design?  I was wondering what the serrated sections were near the muzzle until you said slide grip. I had to do a double take on that one.  ???

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 12:43:57 AM »
The manual states it weighs 45 ounces.. so about what a 1911 does, but compared, this .22 wears it's weight alot better.

It is a blowback design. I think these were mainly imported in the early 2000's, maybe a small batch sometime later, don't think they are currently imported at this time though. EAA has some parts listed, but no pistols shown, even in the discontinued items.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:26:50 AM »
Love it. A very utilitarian Russian target pistol. So much adjustability, even the pinky rest (?) on the right grip. Nice score!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 09:03:51 AM »
Connon likey!

Now you need a Toz-35m.   

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
Connon likey!

Now you need a Toz-35m.   

Thats alot of bones for a single shot more or less based off of a Martini.. hard for me to get excited over a single shot, unless.... it's a Trapdoor or something.

I have also managed to find a Norinco TT Olympia w/factory box, a Chinese copy of the Walther M1936 Olympia II, that won five Gold Medals at the 1936 Summer Olympics..  I doubt the low buck Chinese version would or could even hold a candle to an actual Walther. chuckles1

Love it. A very utilitarian Russian target pistol. So much adjustability, even the pinky rest (?) on the right grip. Nice score!
In Mother Russia, everything is utilitarian chuckles1 

The adjustable grip is neat, a guy local said to set it to where your hand will fit loose, but when you squeeze the grip, your hand expands and gets a slight squeeze.  Who ever had it before had......little woman like hands.. chuckles1