Author Topic: Jungle stock compared to Six Corp SKS stock  (Read 6162 times)

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
Jungle stock compared to Six Corp SKS stock
« on: September 29, 2015, 03:24:24 PM »
Been meaning to do this for a while now and all the talk on the Yugo HG stocks reminded me.

My Six Corp SKS has been an oddball for sure and finding info on it has been sporadic and varied to say the least. I have came across enough Six Corps in the same type/color stock as mine to be comfortable in saying it was imported this way. Its as if the stock had been dipped. Polytech Legend AKs with the 88 prefix have the same color/type finish on their furniture as well.( when researching these, the only constant I've found is the '88 prefix, stocks, parts and the like are across the board.) Full layout here...

SIX CORP SKS with Detachable Bayonet ( pics added) in Chinese SKS (Commercial) - Page 1 of 1

Danny noticed the stock looked like a jungle stock at 1st glance and after an awesome trade with Danny ( Thanks man  thumb1) I'll have to agree. The color is very close, if not the same.

Jungle stock on a /326\

Just something I've found interesting. The Six Corp stock feels smooth as glass. It may have been a test run for the Legend series AK's furniture. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks for looking  thumb1

Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Jungle stock compared to Six Corp SKS stock
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »
My thoughts are....    :o

I once saw several pics of women being trained in China (likely some militia outfit) and the stocks looked exactly like these. Whether they were fiberglass or wood finished to the same color I dunno. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 05:35:39 PM »
Cool  thumb1 As far as we know the fiberglass was never actually used by the chinese ( of course we all know anything's possible) Those stocks could have very well  been wood and a few surplus stocks made it in with the Six Corp SKSs, since they seem to be a mash-up of a lil bit everything chinese.

Going to start going back through and finding more on these. Padams8888 had 1 with this stock at 1 point in time IIRC. If he thinks of anything maybe he'll chime in?

I know you go through alot of stuff on the chinese inter-webs LC but if you happen to run across that pic again, I'd love to see it.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »
I dont think the jungle stocks were used on new guns from the factory, but Im sure they have been used as replacments somewhere in china.  Their militia is huge, widely made up of women, and their dities of watching the coastline for americans while conducting regular day/day tasks is legendary.

Some of the propaganda is fascinating.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »
It would make sense, "waste not, want not" and all.  Honestly the 1st thing I noticed with this jungle stock, was that it is thinner at the "grip" and would be easier for my 13 yr old girl to hold and use.

So I could definitely see it being prefered by a women's militia.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 07:21:46 PM »
Neat observation hip!  I'll keep my eyes peeled for 'em.  thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 09:05:44 PM »
Oh... I'm not suggesting its a womens stock thing.  More of a militia replacement thing.  Most militia happen to be women.   :)

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »
When you say "dipped" dose it have the same finish underneath the receiver?

I agree with LC
Jungle stocks were not in Vietnam but chances are good the Chinese developed he stock for use at home first. Selling to us Greengos was icing on the cake.

:)..............Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »
"Dipped" was the closest to what it looks like inside and out, that came to mind. Doesn't look like any type of finish job, arsenal done or home done, that I've seen before. The inside doesn't have the glassy feel that the outside does but coverage is every nook and cranny.

I'm still looking for the examples I've come across like it, but looks and even feel was described the same as this 1. Researching info on this thing has been frustrating to say the least. Few examples to be found and then their all over the board.

I've probably got more pics and if not, I'm about to take it down again.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »
Them are some good lookers Hippy, and thanks for the info on these critters! Until you came up with these I had never heard of the Six Corp.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 09:41:26 PM »
Hey xxxsks...  think this gun should be in the commercial section of the guide?    :)

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »
Thanks Danny  thumb1 and Thanks again for the jungle stock. You're 1 top notch fella  thumb1 Honestly man I hadn't heard of 1 either till I came across this 1. I'm allways looking for info on it.

LC I'd be thrilled if it was a part of the guide  :)  If having it there helped out some poor shmuk like myself, looking all over the net for any lil tidbit, it'd make my day. Plus... it does have that nifty detachable bayo  :))

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 10:49:26 PM »
Hey xxxsks...  think this gun should be in the commercial section of the guide?    :)

Yeah it's one many updates I have been meaning to do. I was going to make a section when Pat posted his a while back. Just never got it done.

:)...............Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 01:08:15 AM »
Vary adorable guns ;) thanks for sharing