Author Topic: What did I find  (Read 907 times)

Offline ArkSlim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
What did I find
« on: January 13, 2020, 06:14:03 PM »
Dropped by LGS today they had 4 sks's one that was marked (1st was a letter followed by a 6 digit number and followed by  a triangle but could not see the # inside it mabey  26 but not really sure. The clerk said he thought it a early soviet/chinese gun because of the letter before the serial # but could not understand the chinese triangle following the serial #.  Any input appreciated think it may to high at $595.00 ?

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: What did I find
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 07:36:57 PM »
Dropped by LGS today they had 4 sks's one that was marked (1st was a letter followed by a 6 digit number and followed by  a triangle but could not see the # inside it mabey  26 but not really sure. The clerk said he thought it a early soviet/chinese gun because of the letter before the serial # but could not understand the chinese triangle following the serial #.  Any input appreciated think it may to high at $595.00 ?

A circa 1959-60 "Letter Gun" Type 56 would have one letter followed by 4 digits, so it's not one of those. Many of the earlier imports (80s and 90s) from China had a letter added to the serial number by the exporter or importer. It's probably one of those. If it has a blade bayonet, long lug barrel, a six digit serial number and has a /26\ then it's a Jianshe Arsenal "six digit" from 1957.

Definitely high at $595  :o If it was matching down to the gas piston, it'd certainly be worth $395 for such an example these days, and maybe $25 or even $50 more if it was in really beautiful condition.