Commercial Weapons > Hand Guns & Sub Guns

The Centimeter S&W "N" Frame

(1/3) > >>

Greasemonkey:
I've been a fan of 10mm auto for quite a few years.. my first was a S&W 1006....which I sold, then the remorse got me years later, so I bought another 1006, then a Glock 20 in 10mm... and one I always wanted was one in a revolver, and I finally broke down and did it. It had been hanging out in a LGS for about 2 years, all the cool kids wanted semis. So after some back and forth banter over the past few weeks, I ended up with it for a pre covid/madness price, and he didn't even charge extra for the dust on it.

It's the S&W 610 w/4 inch barrel SA/DA, built on the same frame as the Model 29 44mag. This makes my 6th N-frame revolver. the cylinder is cut so the 10mm cartridge can head space in the cylinder or you can use moon clips for easier loading or unloading, as the 10mm is rimless, my .45acp M1917 is the same way. As an extra bonus, you can also use lower priced common .40 S&W.... like 38spl-357mag, 44spl-44mag. Moon clips are required for the .40 S&W, the case is shorter, and yes, S&W says it's totally safe to use, unlike using it in a 10mm auto pistol. I had doubts about moon clips at first, but quickly got used to them. The down side, it has the Hillary hole and you can't get it in a blued variation, I did order a set of wooden round to square butt conversion grips. The double action is pretty hefty which it typical, but single action is very nice, it will probably get better as time goes.

The S&W 1006 with the S&W 610

Greatguns:
I always liked that series S&W semi auto. I have had a few over the years, 4026, 5906, 3904, 6906(the compact version of the 5906)

AND YEP, I regret selling all of them. >:( cry1 :)) It always seems like a good thing at the time, you know, moving up or ahead and that sort of thing. banghead1

EDIT: I corrected myself, 6906 not 4906. Also 3904 not 5904.

Greasemonkey:
I still have my first centerfire semiauto... a S&W 639, the stainless Model 39 in 9mm. :)

astronut:
Nice wheel gun!   thumb1  But with that said, I am guessing you actually meant, "The Millimeter S&W "N" Frame" and not the "Centimeter".   ;)   :))

Greasemonkey:

--- Quote from: astronut on February 23, 2021, 02:58:14 PM ---Nice wheel gun!   thumb1  But with that said, I am guessing you actually meant, "The Millimeter S&W "N" Frame" and not the "Centimeter".   ;)   :))

--- End quote ---

Uhm... think1 10 milimeters equals 1 centimeter  thumb1 10 centimeters equals a decimeter,  10 decimeters or 100 centimeters or 1000 millimeters equals a meter. 1000 meters equals a kilometer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version