Author Topic: GB listings for October, 2016 - Albanian  (Read 2227 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
GB listings for October, 2016 - Albanian
« on: November 02, 2016, 02:13:45 PM »
For those who were eagerly anticipating the October GB report on Alby (and yes I know that nobody in their right mind would be in this category) I've got bad news: 0 Albys traded hands on Gunbroker this past month.  Makes my job easier though!  thumb1  I think the alby price spike has finally pulled all the low hanging fruit out of people collections. 

It'll be interesting to see if avg. prices soar even higher to try and kick up some new supply...

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: GB listings for October, 2016 - Albanian
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 03:27:18 AM »
  Has anyone looking at the numbers, in the know, and more familiar with the Alby market than I, revised their guess as to the actual number of Alby's imported, by year, or overall? I know it may take many years of gathering serial numbers and supporting pics to really nail it down, but just a "better guess, with the data we have now, estimate"?

We have a fair sized gun show coming up in Springfield this weekend. If it's anything like the past shows, there won't be a single Alby offerred and dealers will look at me quizzically when I ask about such a beast. Some do know what I'm asking about, while others look at me like, "Are you kidding?"

Just thought I'd ask. I will be curious about the overall offerings and pricing on all SKS at the show. It sure would be nice to find something, a great buy on a less than common type. One can always hope and dream. Oh wait, that was the last 8 years.  chuckles1  Let's make America's gun shows Great Again!  thumb1 

firstchoice