Author Topic: Albanian SKS  (Read 4628 times)

Offline AKnovice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Albanian SKS
« on: August 26, 2016, 09:21:05 PM »
So I'm looking for an Albanian SKS, I'm really new to the SKS game, but I've ALWAYS been fascinated with the look of the Albanian model.  To me its like the baby of a German G43, and a Russian SVT40 which are both rifles I have enjoyed immensely.  Since I am now in a place where I'm looking to buy one,  I'd like to know all there is about the Albanian made rifles and what to look for in my journey to owning one.

Thanks in advance guys! Glad to be here, there seems to be A LOT of knowledge in this forum I'd like to be apart of

And YES i see the different listings on here to adds on GB, but personally I CANNOT stand that site and honestly I'd rather buy from a forum member instead of from a faceless seller on GB.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Albanian SKS
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:47:40 PM »
AKnovice here is some info available you will probably find useful and interesting. I know next to nothing of the Albanians but someone with some know-how will come along shortly. I do like the looks of the Albanian carbines also!  thumb1

http://albaniansks.weebly.com/history.html  (This site is yet to be completed)

http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=189.0
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:53:08 PM by Dannyboy53 »

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:05:25 PM »
Welcome to the boards AK, very glad to have you here.  I certsinly hope you enjoy it here and that we are able to help you out a bit.  Albies are the red headded stepchildren in the SKS world. Many consider them to have been roughly made and the Albanian storage and handling procedures left a large percentage in fair to poor condition.

I totally understand not wanting to go the Gunbroker route, it's much better to be able to physically handle one before you buy it.

Are you looking for a shooter or a safe queen?  Good conditiin or fair?  Do you want an as-issued gun or would you be ok with a blank replacement stock or a mismatching trigger group?   Finally, how much are you willing to soend and how long are you willing to wait?  The answers to all these questions will make a considerable difference in what you wind up with, when you get it, and how much you finally pay.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 10:28:07 PM »
Ahhhh....  An Alby!

I dont know anyone currently selling one, but one of these guys may know someone.  Welcome aboard!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 10:47:23 PM »
I lucked out and got a beat up mixmaster at a gun show at a reasonable price*.  They're few and far between, so you'll have to be very patient if you want a face-to-face deal.  Otherwise keep an eye out here, at the trader over at Gunboards, Armslist restricted to local listings, your LGSs and pawn shops, etc.

http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=1960.0
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:51:42 PM by Phosphorus32 »

Online Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 01:05:23 AM »
Welcome to the boards AK, very glad to have you here.  I certsinly hope you enjoy it here and that we are able to help you out a bit.  Albies are the red headded stepchildren in the SKS world. Many consider them to have been roughly made and the Albanian storage and handling procedures left a large percentage in fair to poor condition.

I totally understand not wanting to go the Gunbroker route, it's much better to be able to physically handle one before you buy it.

Are you looking for a shooter or a safe queen?  Good conditiin or fair?  Do you want an as-issued gun or would you be ok with a blank replacement stock or a mismatching trigger group?   Finally, how much are you willing to soend and how long are you willing to wait?  The answers to all these questions will make a considerable difference in what you wind up with, when you get it, and how much you finally pay.

Plus 1,  Practice your patients. Ive never bought on Gunbroker before but I do read the detailed monthly GB spread sheet here on this site which you will find no where else where you can evaluate & compare paid prices for different qualities of guns as listed above in yellow.. And that my friend will set you free ! and you shall be WAY ahead of the game after just making your first post  :) Welcome to the Files...

Offline CuSks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 08:59:29 PM »
PM sent.