Author Topic: Parts Kit For a Polish PPSh-43--Trying to decide to keep it or ?  (Read 2722 times)

Online firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Hey fellow members!

I bought a Polish PPSh-43 Kit, hmm...prolly abt. 2006, or so?  I was going to build a Semi-auto version and simply never got around to it. I thought if anyone here had one of the S.A. versions already and wanted a spare parts kit? Or, if someone wanted to build one?  If anyone has a hankering to do either, please let me know here.  Anyone with experience building one, already owning one, or anything relevant to the PPSh-43 experience, please feel free to post your thoughts here.

If interest is shown, I can ask an Admin or Mod to move this over to the correct Section for the next step of pictures and haggling out price, or trade, or combination thereof.

The kit looks like it was taken from a new-unissed FA SMG, with receiver cut by cut-off saw or band saw, not sure which.

I never bought a barrel, or barrel trunion. I wasn't sure exactly how I was going with the build. It includes everything except barrel, barrel trunnion, and, of course, the Upper Receiver Section, if you want to weld in your own, or a completed SA Upper receiver. I does come with one magazine, 32 or 36rds, not sure?

I'd always wanted one of these that was ideal for that darn cool, (HOT), 7.62x25mm round! I've got a couple of  CZ-52's and they are quite the round to shoot! The next O.F.A.S.T. Machine Gun Shoot down in Wyandotte, Oklahoma during the 2nd weekend of June, I'm going to find a FA version to shoot 400-500 rds through for some real SMG fun!

Speaking of O.F.A.S.T., this is me, gently persuading some old cars to cool down via ventilation, using a M1919 Browning .30cal machine gun w/couple hundred rd belts.

One of my sons, using an AK w/ a couple of 40rd. mags, followed by a RPD, w/ a full belt in the drum.. I forget how many rds. those belts held in those RPD drums? They're fun to shoot!

I also fired a Barrett M82 A1 .50 cal with a full 10rd. mag. OFFHAND! Those suckers are heavy! Especially with the standard length barrel. They have a shorter barrel option, but I still want the standard length barrel.  It kicks like a mule, even with the recoil system! (Still, that's when I started buying .50cal BMG ammo for the rifle cannon I want to own some day. I'll buy the M107 A1 model in the full accesory hard case..someday:)

My son, pictured, paid for that entire day's shooting expenses! He makes good money owning his own business, and all, but I was proud of him and very pleased with his unexpected generousity that weekend. Every once in a while, life surprises me and it's pleasant to know that some things did sink in during the turbulent years of raising him.  thumb1 clap1 :)

The Rental Guy had a PKM (7.62x54r) that I really wanted to shoot, but he had broken a small part in the receiver and it was out of commision for the weekend. (you can see it on the right hand side, with the receiver cover open)

firstchoice
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:45:59 AM by firstchoice »

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Parts Kit For a Polish PPSh-43--Trying to decide to keep it or ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »
I have a Polish PPS in semi auto.. :)  It was an importer build. Don't have any "real" parts...just a half a dozen mags, mag pouch, cleaning kit and an extra buffer or two. :( I thought about buying a parts kit, but never leaped. :(

Tokarev lovers really have no idea what it's like to have 35 rounds of piss and vinegar at your beckoning call.  chuckles1

One word...FUN!!  thumb1 The 10 inch barrel kinda helps the already hot x25 round, and luckily, I have had no issues with it, which is funny, you would swear being all stamped and it feeling kind of flimsy and cheap like it would fall apart after 1 or 2 rounds. Nope, it's stout and pretty accurate, the very simpleton sights kind of suck, but you get used to them.
If you were too build it, I think you will love it.. with the exception of the lack of a stock, these were deemed a handgun, well it's there, but welded, which you have to go see your friendly NFA dealer(which it''s killing me not to), pay the 200 and unleash the welds and have what I would deem a wicked SBR.  After having it, I wish I would have gotten a later one in 9mm also...I mean 9mm is everywhere.....and cheap. Cleaning one is a snap...flip it open, pull the guts out, wash'er out with soapy hot water, and blow dry it out, oil it up and reassemble.

I would love to find a semi-auto Russian PPSh-41..the urge for one got even greater after I bought my KP/-31 Finnish Suomi.. another that could become an SBR with yet.... another 200 bucks, pop the 16.5 inch barrel out for the 12.5 inch factory length and utilize the built in muzzle brake built in the barrel shroud. The barrel on these are swappable by design, flip the lever, twist the shroud off, and remove the barrel. Like the Thompson or the Russian PaPaSha, it can handle stick mags or drums, the uber rare "coffin" style stick mags are big bucks, typically in the hundreds of bucks when they appear..

And.........if your going to ride the full auto wave at a Machine Gun Shoot... I suggest the Chicago Typewriter as a side trip... thumb1  Just try to hold her nose down... rofl

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »
  Hey GM!  Funny you'd throw in the Thompson MG, because I had actually meant to include that in my post for future the O.F.A.S.T. shoot. The Chicago Typewriter will be the very next rental I do down there! I've always wanted to see what it was like and I plan on spending some coin on ammo "refills"!  :)  I love the .45acp rd. anyway, so it seems like the Thompson would be the perfect, how is it they say it?, "truck gun".  thumb1 

I used to think the 9mm was the "stuff", until I fired a Colt 1911 A1 .45acp that I refurbished for a friend at work. I never looked back! I still have my Browning HiPower that  I purchased new in 1979, and a gaggle of other, (mostly still unfired), 9mm's. But they stay in the safe and the 1911's go to the back yard, range, wherever.

Nice PPS there, GM! That's what I was wanting to end up with, but too many projects to do. Looks like you got a really nice, made-with-new-parts one, too. Does it feed well? I read some private builders were having trouble with feed problems after they got it done. Too bad they didn't rig it up like the UZI's, with the interchangeable barrels for different calibers. All use the same receiver, just change out the barrel, sometimes the bolt, (didn't the .40 Action Express and the 9mm  use the same bolt?), and the magazine. 

firstchoice

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 02:39:19 PM »
The PPS I have had no issues with, short of a dead round that didnt go off.. not the pistols fault, surplus ammo, Polish I think it was. Regular commercial stuff also works well, S&B and Prvi.

I do have some .45acp...I have a 1911, the Thompson and a Marlin Camp 45, thats it.. I like the 9mms I guess, have a whole mess of 9mms floating around, P.38, some Lugers, 2 Marlin Camp 9s, the Suomi, S&W 639, S&W 9VE, Walther P5...and others.

The .41AE is a rebated rim round,, I do believe it's the same as a 9mm rim.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem