Author Topic: Range outing 9-25-14  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Range outing 9-25-14
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »
I usually shoot my Norinco and my Yugo open sights at 100 yards. I get about a 6" group with the Chinese, and about an 8" group with the Yugo. I've been having some odd issue with the Norinco starting off on target, and then going left a few inches after about 10 rounds. I'm trying to see if it's the rifle, or me. I don't have this issue shooting the Yugo. I shoot off a 2 piece bench setup for minimal user error.

I found some pretty good scratches in the crown, so I filed the tip flat and then re-crowned it, just to rule that out. Took it to the range today, and dropped back to 50 yards for a better sight picture.

As usual, she grouped pretty good. I even had a 3 inch 10 round group on one target....slightly to the left of center, lol. She seemed to be shooting pretty consistent, so I made a slight front sight adjustment to get back on center and that seemed to work well. But all shots that were not on center, were still to the left. Still not sure if it's the gun or me. I'll have to see how it does on the next outing shooting cold and then as it warms up.

But I am still quite impressed with the accuracy of these rifles, especially my Type 56. I have read others rave about above average accuracy from 0406 stamped guns. I can see why.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Range outing 9-25-14
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 06:53:51 PM »
Power as you know very well there are a ten gallon hat full of variables and it's such a pain in the backside to find and correct it. But that's part of the fun of shooting, the challenge to punch out the x ring!

It seems a though you suspect heating is the problem however. Very well could be.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:32:06 PM by Dannyboy53 »