Author Topic: Now, SKS30 #3  (Read 7494 times)

Offline ArkSlim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Re: Now, SKS30 #3
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2020, 08:28:51 AM »
Really pised me off to see that damage but with the amount of crud you found could the crack have been there prior to shipping? Good you can repair the damage.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2020, 01:28:30 PM »
Tremendous job on that repair! I have one I want to repair I may be sending a PM to confer.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »
Really pised me off to see that damage but with the amount of crud you found could the crack have been there prior to shipping? Good you can repair the damage.

Arkslim, the thought had crossed my mind, but I went to the sales pictures and description and no crack was present.  Packed as it was and the compression lines on the box make me favor an inept packing job.

Tremendous job on that repair! I have one I want to repair I may be sending a PM to confer.

BobTS, I'll try to help in any way possible.
Cheers, Bruce.

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2020, 04:40:01 PM »
lemonade out of lemons, way to go.  nice job, you did good. thumb1 -------> what you do after lunch?  :)
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2020, 04:01:27 AM »
You did a great job on the repair, Bruce! You definitely showed me a few tips on stock repair. I'm sorry to hear that the Pawn Now business didn't respond, AT ALL!  That is terrible customer service! I'll convey the story to anyone that I run across that could be affected. Yep, I always check out the Feedback on any potential Seller I may deal with on Gunbroker. If they have complaints about poor customer service, I don't want to do business with them.

Great save on your new-to-you SKS-30! Let us know how it performs.

firstchoice

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2020, 10:03:46 AM »
I went to a friends property yesterday bringing four SKS's, this one, the 16"barreled mag capable sporter with flash hider, the Romie and the Yugo.  Fired at a 12" swinging plate till it fell over then switched to 6" swinging plate.  Wind value was, at times, full from the right.  Shot offhand and sitting benched.  This one shot well, hitting the plate about 70% from offhand, 90% sitting.  The 16" fired even better,80% standing and 100% sitting.  The other two were in the area, but I'll have to BZO them.  Also got to fire my friends Vietnam bring back, /26\, 11mil, which was pitted and had 40%-50% finish.  It fired well also, sitting 90% on 6".  A good day. thumb1  I'm in the process of conning my friend out of the bring back. wink1

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2020, 02:28:15 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that the Pawn Now business didn't respond, AT ALL!  That is terrible customer service! I'll convey the story to anyone that I run across that could be affected. Yep, I always check out the Feedback on any potential Seller I may deal with on Gunbroker. If they have complaints about poor customer service, I don't want to do business with them.
firstchoice

I'm putting the word out on the local boards, too.
No excuse for this type of thing.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7