Author Topic: "C&A Virginia Beach Va." Para Numbers?  (Read 4159 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
"C&A Virginia Beach Va." Para Numbers?
« on: July 11, 2017, 01:03:53 AM »
Hi guys,

I saw another Para changed hands else where. Same set up & importer as the little fella I've got in the processing mode, "C&A Virginia Beach Va." Quite coincidental I would think.

Got me thinking about the numbers produced in that configuration. Anybody know? PAX
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:54:56 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Re: "C&A Virginia Beach Va." Para Numbers?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:38:31 AM »
What configuration are you referring to?

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 05:35:24 PM »
What configuration are you referring to?

Para with rubber butt, no bayo. Like these two guys. "C&A Virginia Beach Va." import conversion build. The NIB one is not an SKSS, just the manual.

It's just that two from the same importer showed up at the same time, sparked my data stream curiosity for production numbers. It's my understanding, there's not many, relative to other Paras, as well as the total number of SKS in general. I didn't seek it out because it's uncommon, it's a Para to me first. In Kali, Paras fall near the price point with Russian COLLECTOR iron, or at least many Kali sellers think they should. I've seen Paras hold a long time at crazy prices, but they've eventually sold here. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 08:39:21 PM »
That stock IS unique to the C&A import guns. New production, no serial, fitted buttpad with serrated back. Stock coating is applied after buttpad is attached, resulting in coating usually overlapped onto the sides of the buttpad.

The Sporter has pretty much the same buttpad.

The C&A paras I have in the database with that stock, also all have 93xxxxxx serials. They are either EPd, or laser/dot matrix applied serials.

All of these rifles were shipped with bayos. Guns sold during the Clinton ban era had their bayos removed before being sold. Since these particular paras have 93 serials, it would make sense that many of them would be sold with no bayo, since the Clinton ban took place shortly after their production.

I can't help with any production numbers unfortunately. Standard paratroopers are not something I, nor Joe, ever tracked.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:31:32 PM by Power Surge »

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »
That stock IS unique to the CJA import guns. New production, no serial, fitted buttpad with serrated back. Stock coating is applied after buttpad is attached, resulting in coating usually overlapped onto the sides of the buttpad.

The CJA paras I have in the database with that stock, also all have 93xxxxxx serials. They are either EPd, or laser/dot matrix applied serials.

All of these rifles were shipped with bayos. Guns sold during the Clinton ban era had their bayos removed before being sold. Since these particular paras have 93 serials, it would make sense that many of them would be sold with no bayo, since the Clinton ban took place shortly after their production.

I can't help with any production numbers unfortunately. Standard paratroopers are not something I, nor Joe, ever tracked.

PS,

As our collecting status expands or evolves, it becomes apparent that some commercial rifles are more scarce than others. How that scarcity effect value, remains to be seen. I was in love with air-cooled VWs before they were "cool". Seems to be a parallel universe of sorts with the SKS. PAX
  You need a crew  

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 11:31:56 AM »
That stock IS unique to the CJA import guns. New production, no serial, fitted buttpad with serrated back. Stock coating is applied after buttpad is attached, resulting in coating usually overlapped onto the sides of the buttpad.

The CJA paras I have in the database with that stock, also all have 93xxxxxx serials. They are either EPd, or laser/dot matrix applied serials.

The one in the box has laser/dot matrix serials and the number is 9451911. PAX
  You need a crew