Author Topic: FEG PA 63 in 9x18 Mak  (Read 5388 times)

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
FEG PA 63 in 9x18 Mak
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:39:50 PM »
Came across this Military/Police issue Hungarian FEG PA-63 with 3 mags, 1 matching  thumb1 at a LGS I rarely frequent. Owner sent me out the door at a great price so....after RM's constant badgering about coming down off my Tokarev obsession and getting a Makarov ( ok so constant badgering maybe not , it may have only been once or twice  rofl AND...this isint actually a Mak but its still chambered in 9x18 mak) I just had to get it.  chuckles1

The fact its military and still two tone was a selling point for me...don't see that very often. It was done as a time and cost saving measure. These were carried by Hungarian police and military till 1996 ( some police still do) The frame is an aluminum and .1% titanium alloy and weighs in at a scant 1.6 pounds loaded. For export only models are colored black mostly and have different markings on the slide. Holds 7 rounds and is a blow back design. It was modeled after the Walther PP/PPK and has a few lil differences concerning the safety. I'll add some take down pics soon, It is so simple to take down  thumb1  Now that I've stuck a toe into the 9x18 mak world...well should be some Mak pics coming soon enough  hurry1 Thanks for looking.

Alright RM....Now time for you to get a new caliber...7.62x54r perhaps?  C'mon live a lil man  rofl

Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: FEG PA 63 in 9x18 Mak
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 06:50:46 PM »
Sharp looking pistol  thumb1

I don't have one of these but my Polish P-64 is same caliber and blowback design and looks like the same takedown mechanism, pull down on the trigger guard then push the slide back, lift. let it come forward, and it's done.

Let us know how it shoots  :)

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 07:09:10 PM »
Thanks man  thumb1 Yep it takes down the same. I keep running into P-64's so its just a matter of time till I get 1. Now I don't have that "new caliber" excuse. I've got some PPU JHP's now but I want to get some FMJ's to compare the 2 in case I run into any problems.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 08:43:21 PM »
I carry Hornady FTXs (Filled Tip eXpansion?) in my P-64 and don't have any trouble with them cycling. Admittedly, I don't shoot a lot of those expensive rounds, opting for the cheap FMJs at the range most of the time.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 10:14:07 PM »
Nice pistol AH ! Interesting to know how that thing kicks and the trigger pull. I had trigger work done on one of my p-64's and love it but the other is fine too. Ammo is pretty much everywhere these days as you may have noticed and can be had at a fair price. Like P32 says the Hornady is a great round.. But I only use it for special people and the fmj to have fun at the range  :)) Nice pistol and you got that 7th round.  Don't listen to GM that guy has at least two of everything milsurp chuckles1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 11:07:12 PM »
Don't listen to GM that guy has at least two of everything milsurp chuckles1

Well GM ain't gotta FEG  cry1 cry1 cry1  :P   One in 9x18 Mak GM does want is a Škorpion vz. 61.. simply cause I can :)

Find some of the LVE green box stuff.. seems a little hotter than Bear or Wolf stuff, and function has been flawless.  thumb1
This kinda shows them all http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?299-9x18-Ammunition-Data
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 02:28:09 PM »
I got some of that green box just before Classic ran out a few yrs ago and yes it shoots well. I love the washed brass look too.  Good luck with the Skorpion VZ 61 I like that thing in the bump fire mode  ;) Looks easy enough.

Offline brentb636

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 08:23:03 PM »
Good to see some appreciation for these well built, inexpensive pistols.  Look for a SMC-918 (commercial version of R-61) .  It's a PPK sized 9mm Mak which I think is a much nicer gun than the P64.  I've had quite a few, but only have a Polish p-83 at the moment. :)
http://s1338.photobucket.com/user/brentb636/slideshow/FEG%20Collection
I like guns