Author Topic: Not just a SKS guy, Im a Mauser whore too ;-)  (Read 28785 times)

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Re: Not just a SKS guy, Im a Mauser whore too ;-)
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 06:47:18 PM »
HAHA.. I just called him, He reminded me It was the MAS 36 that was converted to 308 that was doing that. and that My FR-8 Was nice but I just couldn't get into it. Sorry , i guess my memory is failing and i have too many rfles.lol
Come join me on Facebook group..  The Milsurp Nation or Instagram @Milsurp_Nation   

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 10:24:51 PM »
  Heck of a Mauser collection, oldcarjunkie! That Turkish M38 sure has a nice stock.

I hadn't seen the FR-8 before. You can sure see the Cetme's heritage in that front end.

Thanks for sharing your awesome collection of Mausers!

firstchoice

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 10:44:20 PM »
Thanks ! And everyone loves that Turk stock. If I were to ever sell the gun. I guess I should find a stock to put the turk in and then sell the tiger stock on ebay.lol
Come join me on Facebook group..  The Milsurp Nation or Instagram @Milsurp_Nation   

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 10:50:07 PM »
On these 3, the stock nose cap holds the front of the handguard, which is screwed into a stock insert. The rear of the handguard is retained by a very tight circular spring clip around the barrel. Removing the handguard is very difficult, and alot of them got broken by over zealous people cleaning and stock refinishers. Finding a replacement is near impossible and can be very pricey if found. And also, the triple ring is roughly the same as the Cetme, with a slight amount of fitting it will fit, and the barrel follows the same design also, the biggest difference is it's threaded for one of the two Mauser actions.So sorry you had bad experience with one. :( Sounds more like bubba got ahold of it, in my opinion.

You were right. I was wrong. Had the wrong rifle in mind. Right details of the problem but when I called my buddy earlier he reminded me.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 11:04:12 PM »

You were right. I was wrong. Had the wrong rifle in mind. Right details of the problem but when I called my buddy earlier he reminded me.

It happens, I brain snart all the time  fart1 rofl

And yeah, the CAI converted Mas 36 and a majority of the 49/56 conversions were typically flat out putrid toads. Either one in 7.5 French is a 1000x better. thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 12:00:01 AM »
You know, looking around on this board i think i might have to take some pics of other toys for some of the other threads going. I have a few US rifles as well.. 3 garands, 4 Carbines, 1917, 2 03a3's and a 1903 Mark I.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2015, 12:15:37 AM »
You know, looking around on this board i think i might have to take some pics of other toys for some of the other threads going. I have a few US rifles as well.. 3 garands, 4 Carbines, 1917, 2 03a3's and a 1903 Mark I.

Danged right junkie...you been holding out on us?!

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 12:20:55 AM »

Danged right junkie...you been holding out on us?!

Ill work on it this week if possible, But tomorrow im finally getting back to the range..  im taking the Brazilian Mauser, the Chilean Mauser  , The NVA Bring back SKS.. AND.. The Vet who brought it back is gonna go with us.  tommy1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 12:42:51 AM »
That sounds like a great time OCJ!  Get us a range report with a few quick and dirty snapshots if you can!  It's always fun for many of us to live vicariously through members of this board when they get a new addition to the collection or spend time with a vet like that.  You might let him know that many on this board are extremely grateful for his sacrifice.  thumb1

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 06:15:56 PM »
Sorry man didnt end up getting any pics but the rifle worked flawless, I asked Him if he wanted to shoot it first and he said no for me to, I went ahead and shot 4 test rounds and it worked great so he went ahead and shot it, he was still all in the black at 100 yards so his shooting skills are still there. he was talking to my buddies and started explaining how he got the gun but the emotions ran too deep and he had to walk it off. It was great to hang with him, he really is a good guy. he had some really old ear muffs, like 1940's sears Muffs, so i went ahead and gave him my spare set of Cadwell electronic ears as i know im buying a set of Peltors soon.

Offline Bunker

• Rifleman
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 01:08:03 AM »
My Venezuelan contract Model 24/30 manufactured by the Fabrique Nationale factory in Herstal Belgium.  Didn't have a good full length shot but some decent close ups.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 02:14:47 AM »
There are some insanely enviable rifles here. Holy cow. Great thread.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 06:02:35 AM »
My Venezuelan contract Model 24/30 manufactured by the Fabrique Nationale factory in Herstal Belgium.  Didn't have a good full length shot but some decent close ups.

That is a great looking rifle. what up with the notch in the top handguard? it looks like it was done on purpose not a chip?

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2015, 08:56:38 AM »
Very nice Bunker!  thumb1 

They certainly don't make them like they used to do they?

Offline Bunker

• Rifleman
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 04:25:05 AM »
That is a great looking rifle. what up with the notch in the top handguard? it looks like it was done on purpose not a chip?
Whoever owned this weapon prior to me had it scoped, so I suspect it was probably related to the setup they had but can't say for sure.  This rifle cost $42.75 many years ago.

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 06:15:24 AM »
Whoever owned this weapon prior to me had it scoped, so I suspect it was probably related to the setup they had but can't say for sure.  This rifle cost $42.75 many years ago.

Damn shame they scoped it, That rifle is near mint. I assume they must have drilled the left side of receiver and turned the bolt down. Now those rifles in great cond go for more than 10 times that

Offline sheepdog

• BIG MONEY GRIFF
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
  • Khrushchev was right
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 08:16:48 PM »
Swede M96 , Finn Marked.

From the auction..

One of the rarest years for m96s and SA marked to boot. Nice find.
LIVE FROM THE DOGHOUSE

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2015, 08:52:35 PM »

One of the rarest years for m96s and SA marked to boot. Nice find.

I wasnt aware of that, can you provide more info or a link please??
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:11:19 PM by oldcarjunkie »

Offline oldcarjunkie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 09:03:29 PM »

Bunker... It all your fault putting that beautiful rifle up.. Now looks what ya did....

Winning Bidder     oldcarjunkie  A+(62)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=516025047

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2015, 09:11:10 PM »
Careful Bunker, you might attain the rank of 'enabler' without even trying!  chuckles1

Nice one OCJ, really pretty gun there.  What ammo do you typically shoot in your 7mm guns...surplus, newly made?