Author Topic: Beretta 380  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Lmbass14

• Enjoying another trip around the sun.
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • Just livin' the dream.
Beretta 380
« on: October 07, 2014, 09:28:36 PM »
Nice little shooter.  The story is that when my dad was in WW II (the big one), he was stationed in Italy for awhile and he got this Beretta off of a dead Italian officer.  No papers, so I'm thinking he just stuffed it in his duffel bag and called it good.  It's a shoulder holster, and looking at the size of it, the officer was really on the small side.  Anyway, it don't shoot with a sh!t, model number 1934 (overstrike 7) which is kinda common.

Below the model number is a set of numbers right before -XVII, and even under a lighted magafing glass, it looks like 1939 the 3 looks like an overstamp 5.

In war, there are no winners or losers.  Just survivors. DR

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Beretta 380
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »
That's way too cool 'bass!

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
Re: Beretta 380
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 02:03:48 AM »
It doesn't look like the poor paisan who carried that thing had much of a chance to carry or use it, just seeing its condition. Not surprising, considering the reputation of the average Italian soldier.
I'm not good with Italian handguns, but I know a particular model of Beretta was made expressly for the Germans, and they can be pinned down to a certain serial range. Ya might wanna look into that.

Awesome slice of history ya got there Bernie! Pieces like that, with a direct link to your heritage, are worth more than their weight in gold.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon