Author Topic: jhv 43 FEG P.37 Femaru  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
jhv 43 FEG P.37 Femaru
« on: January 15, 2018, 01:32:13 PM »
This is the second of my recent trio... that was more or less thrown in the package to get it out of the shop and off the books. It had set for so long it was actually dusty. Being the hoarder I am....err, uhm, collector of wayward loney arms, I decided ok, no arm twisting is needed, I'll take it.. It matches, and has a really nice bore, no pits, just lots of shine after the dust bunnies were evicted. It does have some slight right side grip panel damage and finish darkening....what’s that over used collector word....patina.. but not enough to bother me.

- 5th Variant. Second contract, 1943. Same legend: 'P. Mod.37 Kal. 7,65.' The new code was 'jhv 43' and the WaffenAmt was 'WaA173'. Est. 35,000 made to complete the 2nd contract.

So it's not rare... it's not really an uncommon one of all the variants/sub variants of this model... well, it is what it is.. a Hungarian made Nazi pistol.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: jhv 43 FEG P.37 Femaru
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »
Very nice find!  thumb1

Not a heckuva lot of them floating about the US today, even if their production numbers 75 years ago in occupied Hungary were considerable.

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:27:37 PM »
very cool, thanks for sharing. numbers matching too.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »
Id say pretty uncommon, I absolutely LOVE mine...... one of the best little pistols around imho, and the price you got it for welp..   bat1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline newchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 10:28:46 PM »
Hahaha, i thought in that one picture it had a stacking swivel, i was so confused. ???
I should probably go to bed.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 10:45:43 PM »
Id say pretty uncommon, I absolutely LOVE mine...... one of the best little pistols around imho, and the price you got it for welp..   bat1

Well, this is 5 out of 6 32acp I've gotten doh1 number 6 is pending being posted  :o chuckles1 Time will tell how it performs, I think I have almost a broad enough field of makes and models to do a fair assessment..  chuckles1  Might need another one or two..... thumb1

Out of the 4 32acp pistols I currently have.. the massive for it's caliber Spanish Ruby is my current favorite, which the Femaru shares some traits with.. followed by the Cz27, the Dreyse, and the Fn1922... The Fn didn't get a fair shake last summer when I drug all of them out.... it wouldn't fire due to light primer strikes, hopefully I have gotten that issue resolved.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem