Author Topic: GB listings - 2016 - Yugoslavian (AKA What's my M59 / M59/66 worth?)  (Read 5362 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
This post will keep track with a grand running total for Yugoslavian M59 & M59/66 SKSs sold on Gunbroker since the beginning of the year.  While you can't pull individual gun sales info out of the chart you will be able to quickly and easily identify what the going rate is for a specific gun such as a very good condition, all matching, I block gun.  I will update this table after every monthly report.

-RM

Key:
Arsenal Condition:
All-Matching: All matching guns with original stocks and no obvious hint of refurbishment.  Since the Yugoslavians were so inconsistent with their serializing practices, certain components might not have serial numbers on them, but that alone doesn't disqualify the gun from this category.  Current condition may be varying.
Force-Matched: Guns with components that have serial numbers which have been over stamped, electro-penciled, or ground and restamped.  Obvious indications are guns with multiple S/N's (including the correct one) on various components.  Current condition may be varying but note that Force-Matched guns will be all matching. 
Non-Matching: Guns with components that have serial numbers which don't match the receiver or obvious non-original components that are blank or have multiple non-matching serial numbers on them.  Current condition may be varying, but these guns typically are in worse shape than their All-Matching or Force-Matched counterparts..
Bubba: Plastic anything, Tech sights, swapped out handguards, anything drilled and tapped, duracoated/non arsenal painted anything, banana mag w/o the original shown, anything Chinese on the gun, chopped "Paratrooper" modifications, FSB modifications, etc.  It doesn't matter if the gun can be put back close to 'original' condition easily, if it's a bubba gun when it sells, it's a bubba gun.
Uncertain: This is the designator I give when the auction is horsetrashy (not a word) enough for me to not want to guess at arsenal condition.  Photos were blurry, taken from 1000 miles away, or were of parts of the gun that nobody cares about (like 10 shots of the bayonet...hint hint).  Could be a gem or a lump of coal.  Anyone who bought it w/o seeing better photos took a gamble.

Current Condition:
Perfect: In New condition in every aspect.  (Many collectors & dealers use "As New" to describe this condition).  Unfired since import.  Something in this category likely has the box, manual, all accessories, and maybe even the original receipt with it.  I seriously doubt a perfect Yugoslavian exists in the US, but you never know.
Excellent: New condition, used but little, no noticeable marring of wood or metal, bluing perfect, (except at muzzle or sharp edges).  Fired very little if at all.  Again, these guns typically have the original packaging and all accessories.
Very Good: In perfect working condition, no appreciable wear on working surfaces, no corrosion or pitting, only minor surface dents or scratches even though the gun has certainly been fired.  May or may not have the box and all accessories. 
Good: In safe working condition, minor wear on working surfaces, no broken parts, no corrosion or pitting that will interfere with proper functioning.  Fired often, likely doesn't have the box, manual or any accessories. 
Fair: In safe working condition but well worn, perhaps requiring replacement of minor parts or adjustments which should be indicated in advertisement, no active rust, but may have corrosion pits which do not render article unsafe or inoperable.  Heavily fired to the point where wear may begin to be an issue.  No box or original accessories. 
Poor: Extensive repair needed; metal deeply pitted with active rust; may have principal lettering, numerals and design obliterated, wood badly scratched, bruised, cracked, or even broken; could be mechanically inoperative; generally undesirable.  Fired to the point of needing barrel replacement.  These type of guns should be checked by a competent gunsmith before usage.
Uncertain: This is the designator I give when the auction is horsetrashy (not a word) enough for me to not want to guess at condition.  Photos were blurry, taken from 1000 miles away, or were of parts of the gun that nobody cares about (like 10 shots of the bayonet...hint hint).  Could be a gem or a lump of coal.  Anyone who bought it w/o seeing better photos took a gamble.

Updated July, 2015

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:33:27 PM by running-man »