Author Topic: B-grades from CF  (Read 10763 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: B-grades from CF
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 10:52:16 PM »
I also got the cleaning rods with both. Not bad for the price at all.

Thats good..  Adam didn't get a cleaning rod with his.   rofl

Wait a min...   Adam didn't get one with mine!    Argh.   pullhair1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »
Am I the only one who has noticed the prices on cleaning rods skyrocket over the last coupla years?  I cleaned out a LGS and scored a bunch of new NC Star rods for less than $3 apiece last year...I am now short one and cannot bring myself to pay the asking price for what folks want these days.  Stupid supply and demand.

Nice thing is...it is the one product for the SKS that NC Star didn't screw up.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 07:12:46 PM »
Here is the B-grade I got today. It is all matching even the piston. The rust is not as bad as I feared and bluing is good and no cracks in the stock. Notice the method of removing the trigger  8). And also notice the safety cut-outs in the stocks. I BELIEVE it will clean up with a little elbow grease. HERE ARE THE PIC'S.

I think you'll be pleased with how that #2 carbine cleans up Marshall. thumb1

So the expanded safety relief on the stock appears to be consistent with the large 1/4" x 1/4" fonts first seen in the letter series guns.  We found that some letter blocks of the letter series guns have the smaller 1/10" wide by 1/5" tall font (G, I, J, K, & M come to mind) while others were large and the safety reliefs correspond accordingly.  It's a very good observation though!  Shows you're noticing sone of the subtle differences.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 07:38:03 PM »
I was wondering about that safety relief...looks very Yugo, but those are the only examples I have with the narrower cut.

The best part about the SKS, they always keep you scratchin yer head.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
The stock finger groove changed to the long-cut sometime in the letter series of 1959/60.  Seeing that we dont know the order in which the letters were produced, its going to be hard to determine the letter in which the transition was made. More then likely we may see a random transition with two or more letters having both variations.  Definitly something to keep an eye out for.

This cut so seems to coincid with the wide font transition. The current observed letters containing the wide-font are B, C, D, E, F, H, R and W.

Notice how one of Marshalls rifle is an F and the other is an M......   willing to bet the M has the narrow groove stock.    thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Marshall-law

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 11:01:45 AM »
LC you are correct, the M stock finger grooves are narrower than the F stock. Also is appears the F has a little bit more pistol grip and the M is more scant.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 12:11:24 PM »
BTW ....

Your rifles by our research and evidence indicates the letter guns were produced in 1959/60    ;)