Author Topic: Yeah... I Have One  (Read 13536 times)

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
Re: Yeah... I Have One
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 08:43:58 AM »
I've been hanging around some of you rascals too much, I'm starting to think I need one of these.

Oh you most certainly do. And you better hurry, I hear the ATF wants to ban these too! OK, I lied, I didn't hear that, just trying to create a Mosin panic to get you and RM to buy them.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline aschatzl

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 10:13:38 AM »
very nice looking mosin thumb1 looks to be in very good shape

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »
I've been hanging around some of you rascals too much, I'm starting to think I need one of these.

Oh you most certainly do. And you better hurry, I hear the ATF wants to ban these too! OK, I lied, I didn't hear that, just trying to create a Mosin panic to get you and RM to buy them.

You may be a little more right than you know. The numbers imported have dropped alot since the ban, and prices have slowly risen for regular refurbs. Even the snipers from, what I've heard there is no more in the supply line, pretty much whats here is here.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »

Carl I must admit my resolve to avoid a bolt gun (I'm left handed) is weakening.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 12:29:50 PM »
You may be a little more right than you know. The numbers imported have dropped alot since the ban, and prices have slowly risen for regular refurbs. Even the snipers from, what I've heard there is no more in the supply line, pretty much whats here is here.

Greasemonkey you aren't helping me at all, this increases the pressure to buy one of these "bolt paddles"! IF I were to buy one, I can't decide what I would want...a 91 or possibly a 91/30. And I don't have any idea of the availability of either of these.

Maybe I'll stick with the SKS!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 12:54:17 PM »
Temptation, terrible thing...lord knows I fell to it. But, you think it's just a Mosin, yea, then you end up with a whole mess of them. Then you really mess up, you discover Finnish Mosins, whole nother mess...

SKSs aint any better, Romys, Yugos and Albys, OH! my!!  Mausers, Spanish, Brazilian, Argentine, It never ends..

Admitting you have a problem is the first step... Me, I don't have these problem, I'm just addicted.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 01:52:04 PM »
I'll show yall, these "boat paddles" will not get to me. I can resist!

Just to satisfy my curiosity, is it much trouble to start an account at GB? Just curious ya under stand....

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 02:33:41 PM »
I'll show yall, these "boat paddles" will not get to me. I can resist!

Just to satisfy my curiosity, is it much trouble to start an account at GB? Just curious ya under stand....

Actually..  You get an account for free when you purchase a mosin.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 02:59:05 PM »
GB account setup is easy.

In regard to Mosins, the M91/30 (28" barrel, post in circle sight like LCs) is the gateway drug, still the most readily available and inexpensive ($120-150 is fair, hex receivers bring a premium), followed by the M44 carbine ($170-250, getting scarcer, folding bayonet). The M91 (31" barrel) is probably the next easiest to acquire but not available from retailers. The Balkan capture (usually a peened Imperial eagle) M91s can be found for ~$200. Russian or Finned M91s you'll be looking at $225-325 for a Tula or Izhevsk. NEW, Remington, Sestroryetsk and Chatellerault built M91s progress up the price scale...

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 10:01:23 PM »
Thank you for this buyers guide Phosphorus, I'm leaning toward the M91/30. I don't think I would be as prone to trip over it as I would the long tom!!

Seriously, I just like the looks of it the best.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2015, 11:16:05 PM »
$150 for an historic rifle and $100 for 440 rounds is the best value in the surplus shooter's world. Go get ya some, Danny! I'm a lefty too and I still get all of my kicks from bolt guns.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 12:55:30 AM »
Like P32 said, M91/30 is the gateway drug, then foster with an M44, your on your way, you hit the Finnish, your main stream addict.  Then you get found in your living room surrounded by Finns, passed out drooling on your ammo, face stuck to a stock, crashed out..  Then at a gunshow, you spot a Finn, have a D.T. fit requiring police intervention, they haul you away wearing a bite proof bit, helment and hog tied with tie straps. rofl

Trust me, I went through rehab, I get still twitchy and drool, but it's been 11 months, 26days and 35minutes since I got my last Finnish rifle.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2015, 08:35:04 AM »
Horse manure...    one mooskin is more then enough.   :)   I'm not getting another one unless its given to me, and this one may go bye bye.     tomato1

Only reason I kept it this long was in case I found myself in the position needing both a fishing spear, and boat paddle.   rofl

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »
Ill offer 50bucks for for.the fishing spear

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2015, 08:54:04 PM »
GM is speaking the truth. I skipped the gateway mosins and went straight to mainlining on the steps of my LGS.

Picked up my 1st mosin last friday ( P-26 Finn) and this friday...picked up my second mosin ( Finnish M91 rebarreled Tikka 1941)  Both have triggers that would make 1 do unspeakable things, just to get a taste, for that next Finn.

Besides, I needed 2, to move up from a canoe to a row boat  :))
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »
My one and only Mosin was a birthday gift from my friend when they were still $79 and he first got his C&R. He got himself one too and has since added a hex receiver one. Me, I'd like to get a M44 or M38 but not bad enough to actually buy one. I'm afraid of the Finns, I might like them too much.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 01:49:23 PM »
If I were to do it over again....I would have just stuck with the T53 I got in trade with a 9 mil SKS for a knock off Thompson.
Its ugly as sin, but a tack driver....and completely satisfies my desire for a bolt gun.  Same size as an SKS, and I love the side folding bayonet.

The 91/30 I got a few months later is just cumbersome to me....its pretty, but I am a horrible shot with it.  It seems to be finicky with stripper loading too. I cannot get five to load in, by hand its fine... ::)

Shooting it may be more difficult for me because it makes me feel like I should be in some kind of reenactment scenario just holding it.  rofl2

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 02:15:12 PM »
I'm afraid of the Finns, I might like them too much.

Exactly, so just stay away bat1 bat1
Leaves more for me..............and armedhippie rofl

Shooting it may be more difficult for me because it makes me feel like I should be in some kind of reenactment scenario just holding it.  rofl2

Wow, if a M91/30 make you feel this way, don't touch a M91 with a bayonet mounted.  chuckles1