Author Topic: Yeah... I Have One  (Read 13536 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Yeah... I Have One
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:18:36 AM »
 :P

Bought this one out of RunningMans prestigious collection recently.   :)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:51:34 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Yeah... I Have One
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 04:33:53 PM »
Any self-respecting collector with a decent representation of the finest firearms in the world will have at least one 1942-44 Izhevsk round receiver 91/30 in their safe/closet/rafters.  Looks like a fine example thumb1

Yes, I have to dish out some additional grief for RM or it just wouldn't be a Mosin thread  :))

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »
I honestly don't know how you guys manage to paddle a boat with these things...  I almost stabbed myself in the neck just carrying it around the house.    :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Ol Relic

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »
I honestly don't know how you guys manage to paddle a boat with these things...  I almost stabbed myself in the neck just carrying it around the house.    :)

I have enough of 'em to outfit all three banks of rowers on a Greek trireme.   chuckles1

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 06:20:49 PM »

Well, you need two of them to put in the oar locks. Take the bayonets off first and keep those handy, you will need them for spear fishing later.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 09:38:35 PM »
I honestly don't know how you guys manage to paddle a boat with these things...

Awesome rifle of Col. Mosin is perfect tool for any job..rowing, plowing, it does it all.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 09:58:18 PM »
What is that strange pattern on the receiver, I don't have anything newer than 1939...  rofl

Sure looks purty all gleaming in the sun! Even though the sling is on backwards... cough.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »
Think the sling would effect how it cuts through the water?    rofl2          Hell if I know, I strategically picked out this oar amongst 200 boxes just like it.   :P

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 10:49:02 PM »
You probably had to cut an extra cord of wood, just to get a pic of it on the woodpile. You could harpoon a whale with that thing   :))

It sure does look good man. That stock is slick.  thumb1
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 11:26:17 PM »
Come on, everyone, sign along, Row, row, row your boat!!!!! rofl2

Nice, sporting some rough wartime machine work on the receiver.

Life is but a dream rofl thankyou1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 12:41:41 PM »
Absolutely a beauty Cannon!

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 01:28:09 PM »
 thumb1 that's a beauty.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »
Ya know I don't have the problem of mosinitis y'all seem to have. I have SCHID which has caused me to be immune to it.

Nice rifle though LC.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 06:16:24 PM »
Wanna buy it?   Crazy rare...  you will not find another with this serial .

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 06:22:21 PM »
Wanna buy it?   Crazy rare...  you will not find another with this serial .

Can't, got SCHID(Shoulder Can't Handle It Disorder) rofl rofl rofl  sad really, but true due to my pinched nerves and stuff.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 06:26:07 PM »
Make a side folder out of it...  nobody shoulders a gun anymore anyhow.

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
I certainly prefer the look of the pre war ones better....I just wish I had a pre war stock on my refurb.  I can't complain....it does have a nice post war stock....very similar to yours in fact.

The wartime receivers look like they were carved with a chisel....some worse than others, but still.  Mine is a three digit 1938, refurbed with some very nice BBQ paint that melts off with Hoppes....unfortunately not enough on the barrel to attach the bayo though. If I did get the thing on there, I doubt it would come off....and I don't have anywhere to display a nine foot long relic.

T53's suit me more....with my vision, I would need bifocals to see the sights from the other zip code...I mean muzzle.

I cannot seem to get the feel for shooting the 91/30 in the vicinity of the area of a county that happens to have a broad side of a barn in it.  cry1

I think mine might find itself hidden in a wall with some ammo for SHTF, by then I will probably not have any contacts left, so aiming will be merely a formality...and I can just wait until I can see the muzzle blast in the eyes of whatever is for dinner.  :)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 08:18:15 PM »
I am seriously thinking about practicing my spear chunking skills with this thing...  paint an orange bullseye on a tree or something. 

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 09:28:11 PM »
If mine were a little crummier looking...I would be tempted to spear fish with it....six months running a blue ribbon trout stream for the Forest Service...one gets a little tired of fly fishing.   

There are a couple of holes with some big lunkers in there, that laugh at whatever you throw at them....or eat the actual flies you slap off of yourself....infuriating to say the least....and they are RIGHT there...a bayonet laden oar would come in very handy.  Then again, there are endangered Bull Trout to worry about....some of them are satellite tagged.  :(

Then again...I could just say I was crossing the stream, dropped my gun and accidentally speared an endangered species, why let it go to waste?   :o

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 12:12:22 AM »
I've been hanging around some of you rascals too much, I'm starting to think I need one of these.