Author Topic: Evidence of duplicated or overlapping SNs between arsenals???  (Read 537 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Evidence of duplicated or overlapping SNs between arsenals???
« on: August 12, 2022, 02:53:13 PM »
Okay, so it is likely the rest of the SN between the 2 SKS I got these pics from are different, but I found this as ironic as I did obtaining the stock and magazine for a bubba'd SKS High Noon had posted about way back in March. Even with all the SKSs I've seen this is the first time I've had this scenario.
The first pic is from an auction currently on Gunbroker I am watching. When I saw the mag number I had to go look, and sure enough I have a mag with the exact same 5 digits, LOL. 2nd pic is of my mag. Fonts are different with the 1st mag being from a 13th year /26\. I have no idea where my mag came from as I received it in a parts lot with no other matching parts to go with it.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
Re: Evidence of duplicated or overlapping SNs between arsenals???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 03:13:03 PM »
Never found one out in the wild but I've always pondered the possibility. In theory there are a lot more 00234 sn'd parts out there. Most Chinese arsenals used 5 digit stamping on parts IIRC, not to mention all of the different years that produced at least 234 carbines.

Very cool you actually found one though, and with a font that unique is it possible we could determine the year/arsenal by it? Certainly we should be able to at least narrow it down a bit.
Where's our resident font expert?  :))

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 03:14:29 PM »
Never found one out in the wild but I've always pondered the possibility. In theory there are a lot more 00234 sn'd parts out there. Most Chinese arsenals used 5 digit stamping on parts IIRC, not to mention all of the different years that produced at least 234 carbines.

Very cool you actually found one though, and with a font that unique is it possible we could determine the year/arsenal by it? Certainly we should be able to at least narrow it down a bit.
Where's our resident font expert?  :))

He's probably out 'fonting' around. rofl rofl
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 03:25:05 PM »
If we include the arsenal number as a serial prefix, then, technically,  there is no repitition of serial numbers between arsenals.

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 07:19:04 PM »
Glad I finally contributed something interesting...lol   dance2

I should have bought the 22222222 rifle, even if it costs more. Would have been a nice one to have just for the serial number.