Author Topic: Well im back  (Read 2305 times)

Online Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
Well im back
« on: April 25, 2020, 08:42:53 PM »
Hey there, some around here might remember me from a previous sks forum.
To save those who might have seen the post there ill keep it brief, I left the forums around the 2014ish era to join the army. After a short encounter with an RPG right before my contract was up i got out and am back home and back to collecting this wonderful rifle we still have so much more to learn about.
seeing some of the falling out hat happened since my absence, I want to clarify i dont care about any petty arguments between individuals, just here to enjoy the collecting and share the experience and hopefully learn something along the way.
With all that jazz wrapped up, i hope to be rebuilding the collection soon and have some pictures good enough to post!  8)

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
Re: Well im back
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 09:56:19 PM »
Welcome from Kentucky, your Service is noted and highly appreciated.  Dancing with RPG's is NOT a recommended practice.  Hope they got the shooter.   Glad you survived.  Cheers, Bruce.

Online Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 10:15:25 PM »
  Hope they got the shooter. 
  :)

Haven't been able look away from the forums, i can see there has been a lot of new info to come about in the 6 years i've been away, and i love bouncing these ideas off people and trying to learn more about it. Any help or info on any developments in the last 6 years would be super helpful (of course i'll be scouring the forums for as much info myself as possible) but if any of yall feel theres something i should know or just want to discuss stuff amongst a fresh set of eyes feel free to pm me, i've been re-bitten by the bug hard and this quarantine has left me with far too much free time  ???

Also, trying to find some pretty rare and cool pieces if any of you guys are looking to reorganize the gun safe and are looking to offload something i might want feel free to shoot me a pm  thumb1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 11:29:07 PM »
Welcome from Washington State!  :) Glad you survived your close encounter with an RPG  :o

If you like the Chinese Type 56, this is a good place to start for new information since 2014 regarding dating:
https://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=360.0

Browse around and look at the sticky topics or run a search on a subject since the search function actually works  thumb1

Since 2014 on the Yugoslavian front, a healthy handful of long barrel M59s and the Slovenian Protokol (Honor Guard) rifles came into the country.

For the original SKS-45, I know RM (running man) has collected a ton of data...but correlating, cogitating and concluding is still in the works. The Russian SKS remains the most often mis-dated due to the year being on the receiver cover (1949-55) and most of them being refurbs with frequently mixed receiver covers.

Albanian and Romanian SKSs are the most obvious (generally) with the year next to the serial number on the receiver on the majority of them.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 12:44:35 AM »
Welcome from Arizona.

I see you're 505th. Thanks for putting it on the line.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Online Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 12:56:18 AM »
Welcome from Washington State!  :) Glad you survived your close encounter with an RPG  :o

If you like the Chinese Type 56, this is a good place to start for new information since 2014 regarding dating:
https://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=360.0

Browse around and look at the sticky topics or run a search on a subject since the search function actually works  thumb1

Since 2014 on the Yugoslavian front, a healthy handful of long barrel M59s and the Slovenian Protokol (Honor Guard) rifles came into the country.

For the original SKS-45, I know RM (running man) has collected a ton of data...but correlating, cogitating and concluding is still in the works. The Russian SKS remains the most often mis-dated due to the year being on the receiver cover (1949-55) and most of them being refurbs with frequently mixed receiver covers.

Albanian and Romanian SKSs are the most obvious (generally) with the year next to the serial number on the receiver on the majority of them.

Appreciate it, there's a lot of really good info in there, and i'm almost terrified to ask what kind of prices those honor guard rifles are bringing  :o

Welcome from Arizona.

I see you're 505th. Thanks for putting it on the line.

Yes, well, I was. Now im just another DV or disgruntled veteran  :))

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 01:38:43 AM »
Welcome and thanks for your service from NH.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 06:52:11 AM »
Welcome from SW Missouri! Great to have you back and join us!

firstchoice

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2020, 09:37:07 AM »
hi and thanks for your service. good to have you here.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2020, 10:18:38 PM »
Welcome back!   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2020, 11:34:31 PM »
Greetings from NM.  Glad to have you here!  thumb1

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 08:24:12 PM »
Greetings from CA, and welcome back! I did a dance with an RPG-7, a looong time ago. Scary, but it didn't get ugly. Thanks for your service!