Author Topic: Russian Strela-3  (Read 2820 times)

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Russian Strela-3
« on: April 29, 2018, 07:30:56 PM »
This is a rare prone stock version of the Strela.  I have only ever seen two of these rifles in the US and..... I have both of them.  Numbers H632 and H635.   Unfortunately H632 has some stock modifications and is missing the rear sight, but here is # H635 for your viewing.

One of the worst designs as far as bedding goes is a round receiver sitting in a round inletted stock. The Russians solved this problem back in the 60s by utilizing a squared receiver with a knurled flat bottom that literally bit down into the wood when the action screws were drawn tight. A primary example of this would be the Vostok CM2 series rifles, and the Vostok Ural. The larger/heavier more top-end Russian match rifles such as the Tiaga and Strela took this idea one step further by using the same knurled square mounting, but they free floated the RECEIVER..... Everything of the barrel forward of the mounting location is also floated.

Here is one of three rare rifles I have like this. The Russians won plenty of gold and silver metals with this design.

Dont let the scale fool ya...... this is a monster!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Russian Strela-3
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 12:29:58 AM »
Sure looks beefy! What a unique design all around. Especially that barreled action mounting system.

Have you shot it?

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 01:14:04 PM »
Have you shot it?

What is this "shot" thingy you speak of?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 01:28:29 PM »
Have you shot it?

What is this "shot" thingy you speak of?

rofl Aw c'mon, it's a heavy barrel .22lr. Practically indestructible.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »
 :))

Ill get around to it ... one of these days.   Right now Im working on fixing a few stock issues on the other one so I can sell it.....   discounted to say $500.   thumb1