Author Topic: DPE Commercial Question  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
DPE Commercial Question
« on: May 11, 2020, 04:33:25 PM »
Saw this at a LGS today. Commercial DPE.  It's sitting in a plastic monte carlo.  All seals match and the 5 round mag was factory modified and serialed to the rifle.  Don't know if the sights were bubba'd or factory modified.   I'm kinda leery to pay 350 for it, but I've never seen the factory 5 rounder.  Thoughts?  Thanks, Bruce.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 07:42:20 PM by Bacarnal »

owenj492

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DPE Commercial Question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 05:02:25 PM »
It might be a commercial Navy Hunter:

http://chinesesks.weebly.com/navy-hunter.html

Okay, now I noticed there is no scope mount....but it does state: "Most have a Type-89 scope mount and a Poly Tech scope. Note the five round nondetachable magazine."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 05:06:41 PM by owenj492 »

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 11:21:07 PM »
I suspect it’s a DP 白 (Baicheng) gun. S/N is in the correct range. The bayo lug delete could be bubba or importer done, hard to say.  The import stamp is a very old one: GLINC and tells me this gun came into the states in the 85-87 timeframe. I suppose it could be a Navy Arms gun as they were known to cooperate with other importers, with those guns having two import stamps, but w/o seeing the N/A stamp I think it’s not likely.  Those 5 round mags are quite cool to see. Very uncommon.  thumb1

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 11:28:43 PM »
Looks nicely streamlined for hunting purposes.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 05:27:13 AM »
RM, does the magazine look ok? It looks like someone stamped the serial number in their basement looks like the mag base is caving in from stamp pressure? Or is it a lighting effect?

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 11:01:36 AM »
Yeah, the magazine is clearly a modified 10 rounder.  The font doesn't seem to be out of place, I'd have a hard time thinking bubba stamped it, but it's impossible to say for certain.  Looks more likely that he took the original mag and cut it down.   In the side view, you can see some uneven cuts that were made at the top of the mag and the tab on the mag where the mag catch latches onto is pretty rough.  I think bubba modded this one and it's not one of the nicely done 5 rounders from China.

The front sight hood is cut off just like a Poly Tech Hunter, I had missed that before.  That is a very uncommon mod commercially.  Everything is leaning towards Bubba.  It's definitely an oddball gun, I wish XXX was still around, he would probably know at least where to start on this one, I think Bubba got ahold of this one though. 

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 11:26:54 AM »
I've seen one of those original 5rnd fixed Chinese mags in the wrap on GB recently for over $100! :o
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 11:34:39 AM »
It would probably cost too much to bring it back.  I think I'll pass on it. Thanks, Bruce.

owenj492

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »
I'm sure this is a Navy Hunter without the scope/mount, pictures from "http://chinesesks.weebly.com/navy-hunter.html"

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 04:07:26 PM »
I'm sure this is a Navy Hunter without the scope/mount, pictures from "http://chinesesks.weebly.com/navy-hunter.html"

Even setting aside the scope mount, N.A. Hunters are 16" guns and have different style bayo deletes than this gun has as they leave the cleaning rod hole and securing mechanism intact.  This gun is a totally different beast.