Author Topic: Chinese 1887 clone and Stoeger Coach guns (pics added in update post)  (Read 638 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
I found the above mentioned locally and am thinking about getting one...or both. $150 and $125 respectively which is dirt cheap, but they both have a slight amount of surface rust/pitting. Anybody have good intel on these? (especially the Chinese as it looks more old school than the Stoeger)

No pics ATM, but will work on getting a few posted later.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 01:33:38 PM by Greatguns »
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Chinese 1887 clone and Stoeger Coach guns
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 10:55:58 AM »
No idea, but $275 for two street howitzers of any make in decent mechanical condition is not bad these days. 

I almost picked up a 16 ga. Winchester model 24 SxS and 20 ga. Boito over/under for as cheap, but the condition and difficulty finding reasonably prices 16. ga shot scared me off. 

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 12:30:32 PM »
I've got an 8 rnd 20" barreled 12ga pump (Turkish 870 clone) I bought for home defense. I was thinking I could sell it and buy the 2 break opens. Keep one upstairs and one down. Or just buy the better of the 2 and keep the pump. As for the 'Cool' factor, the IAC 1887 clone is nicer and looks meaner with its double trigger setup.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 09:57:18 PM »
Well, I lost out on the Stoeger, but the 1887 Clone was in better shape and I picked it up yesterday. Got it home, re-anchored the trigger guard which had come loose at the front and then buffed out the front 6" of the barrels to get rid of some surface rust. Cleaned it and gave it some gun oil and she is looking pretty good I think. Here's some pics.