Author Topic: Super Rare Borchardt/Loewe Model 1893 - Matching Magazine/Stock  (Read 2381 times)

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Super Rare Borchardt/Loewe Model 1893 - Matching Magazine/Stock
« on: December 22, 2016, 01:17:10 AM »
I ran across this on Legacy Collectibles. I had never heard of one, much less seen one. Interesting to look at. Lots of good detailed pics. Quite a collectible, at quite a price. Someone apparently liked it enough, though.

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/super-rare-borchardt-loewe-model-1893-matching-magazine-stock.html

firstchoice
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:48:08 AM by firstchoice »

Offline Donp236

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • [url=https://ibb.co/jYAvPQ][img]https://thumb.ibb.
Re: Super Rare Borchardt/Loewe Model 1893 - Matching Magazine/Stock
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 03:56:26 AM »
I hade seen a couple of these several years ago but this is only one I have seen complete with stock mounted holster and everything else.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:36:36 AM »
Wow and wow!

Wow, that Borchardt is in NOS condition...and wow, glad I didn't fork out nearly 30K!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 10:49:28 AM »
 drool2

Crazy man,..  someone should make a repro. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 02:21:24 AM »
Why did they make such detailed dummy magazines? For salesmen to show their wares, safely? I'm sure the "detailed" came hand-in-hand with the quality that the manufacturer was known for. Just curious about the need for those..

I would like to have seen the pistol fully asssembled with the stock, though. My Belgian 9mm High Power always made me want to have one of the early High Powers with the inlet for a matched stock. I bought that High Power in 1979. It has the adjustable sights and a beautiful blued finish. I should look up the numbers some time and find out the year of production. Probably '78 or even '79?

I like the thought, quality, and class that was put into making these older pistols. The carry case alone is classy and functional. But, almost 30K sure would buy a lot of bucket list items still out there!

firstchoice