Author Topic: ?? about buttstock screws on fiberglass jungle stock........  (Read 2465 times)

Offline KILLDOZER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
?? about buttstock screws on fiberglass jungle stock........
« on: August 11, 2017, 09:44:20 AM »
Sorry to keep pestering you guys about this project, but........:D
I'm wanting to install one of those rubber buttstock pads/extensions, but I've found out that the screws aren't the typical, bigger,longer wood screws, but some tinier screws, with much tighter threading, and they aren't long enough to bite into the stock (with the extension in place).
 Any chance someone knows the dimensions/threading on these screws ?  BTW, we used to have a great, old-school hardware store, with an old guy that knew where everything was, and he'd have me the right replacement in a minute or two. But they (sadly, and predictably) finally went out of buisness, and Lowes/Home Depot can be a needle-in-the-haystack endeavor.
Any info is much appreciated...

Online MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
Re: ?? about buttstock screws on fiberglass jungle stock........
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:23:42 AM »
Can't help you on demensions........ but your right Lowes/HD has a lousy hardware section.... if it where me, I would bring everything to my Local Ace/True Value hardware store and would be able to match it up in no time. But sounds like that's no longer an option for you......... :(

Offline KILLDOZER

• Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:01:58 PM »
Thanks,man. Unfortunately, that little hardware store that closed down, WAS our local ACE hardware,LOL!! No worries, I'll hunt something down, I was just hoping I'd get lucky and someone would know exactly what I was needing.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:59:14 PM by KILLDOZER »

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 07:14:04 PM »
Try looking up Yugo buttstock screws, they might be a little longer...but they also have a tighter thread pattern...maybe those will work, or are straight up compatible?

Offline KILLDOZER

• Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 10:21:26 AM »
Thanks again, Justin. I went to Lowes yesterday, and actually found some compatible screws (#10-32x3/4), but the damned things are just a tiny bit too short to work with this butt-spacer. I need to try the next longer size, and I should be good.
Thanks again.....