Author Topic: K sports sks  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Aburch44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
K sports sks
« on: August 28, 2020, 02:08:29 PM »
Hello everyone I have a question about a k sports sks I picked up. It's not the green para but it is a black 20# parkerized one. Black ksports marked stock and parkerized body with chopped off bayonet lug. I CANNOT find any information on this kind of k sports sks, i can only find the green para one. Sorry I don't have pictures right now but will probably add some l8r. Any anfo, price worth, would be appreciated

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: K sports sks
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 02:44:06 PM »
If the stock is logo-ed as a K-Sport, but looks like a Ramline then this; http://chinesesks.weebly.com/k-sports-composite.html
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 02:51:45 PM »
Welcome to the site  thumb1

Here's the write up on the "Stealth Para" from xxxsks (Joe). If by "20#" you meant 20 inch barrel, then it's mentioned in the last paragraph on the link:

http://chinesesks.weebly.com/k-sports-composite.html

As far as current value, I'd recommend looking at completed sales on GunBroker. You may have to keep looking for a few months to see if one comes up for sale and sells. It's hard to simply guess since SKS prices are volatile right now and climbing.

Offline Aburch44

• Newber
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 09:47:50 AM »
Thanks but its not a para and its black. I haven't found any sales of this particular one or even picture. Here are a few.

lexus rc 350 f 0 60

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 09:58:20 AM »
It has an old style Tapco replacement gas tube, with what looks like the proper K-Sports/Ramline stock.

EDIT:  Oddly, one of the Yugo versions of that gas tube came up on eBay this morning....they are pretty uncommon.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKS-Gas-Tube-for-Yugo-M59-66-Tapco-Used-Parts/333703323802?hash=item4db244a09a:g:i90AAOSwBXRfSdc5
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:28:20 AM by Justin Hell »

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 11:01:51 AM »
Thanks but its not a para and its black.

Yup, I picked up on both of those points  thumb1 Hence, I directed you to the last paragraph.

“Every Paratrooper had a big sister. The parkerizing and stock packaging was available in 20 inch barreled rifles as well. Again mods, parkerizing and restocking done here in the states. These rifles will come with a cleaning rod and no way to keep it on the rifle. As we all know the bayonet keeps the cleaning rod in place. ”

Yours is the black version of the 20” version shown in the last pic.

I would estimate (WAG) the value range as $500 for the average SKS buyer looking for any SKS to shoot, to perhaps $1000 for a commercial SKS collector looking to fill a particular hole in his collection.

Offline Aburch44

• Newber
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »
I believe the gas tube is stock because it has also been parkerized. It looks just like the green style para handguard but black. I seen the yugo one you sent and mine is vented like the stock unlike the tapco one that has the ridges. Thanks guys that helps but I still can't find this particular rifle in any pictures on the interwebs.

Offline Aburch44

• Newber
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 12:49:55 PM »
The only thing replaced on the rifle is the rear cover unfortunately I baught it with a railed one that I replaced with a Chinese mil surp but other than that its a cool find.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 01:33:56 PM »
I have same rifle with green stock. I asked same question. I couldn't find this variant until I saw the link P32 provided for you.

Offline Aburch44

• Newber
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 01:47:30 PM »
Thats awesome man I'd hold on to it for sure its pretty collectable to some folks. Problem is to most people it just lools like a bubba.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »
Hey bob and aburch44,

If you guys want, I can upload your photos to the sksguide commercial
KSports page.

Let me know!

thumb1

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 04:47:02 PM »
RM, tell me what you need from me. I have no problem with it.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2020, 05:10:41 PM »
Aburch, can you post a better pic of the gas tube/HG? I am Curious about it.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2020, 04:16:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure he's got the K-Sports Upper Handguard on it. As with Bob_The_Student's K-Sports 20", my Parka-Para's HG looked the same, just green.

At least they got the stub off of the bayo lugs for the Parka-Para's. No idea why they left them on for the 20" models? dntknw1

I have noticed that all the K-Sports Parka-Para's, and now the OP's gun, are 11 million series /26\ manufactured Type 56's. (That I have handled/seen. There may be variances.) Bob_The_Student, what year was your K-Sports 20"?

firstchoice

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2020, 09:33:07 AM »
Yeah, the Butler Creek HG is much different than the Round Tapco one, that's what I was trying to see based on Justin's comment. I went back and looked at his pic a second time and it is the OEM HG.

Definitely a keeper you have there Aburch

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2020, 11:12:43 AM »
my bad, the angle and my eyes fooled me. I had just switched back to bifocal contacts that barely work after a week in bifocal glasses, which also led me to fall down an embankment, I have since learned my locale isn't very safe to hike with six eyes.  chuckles1   

I actually passed on a green K sports stock a week ago because it didn't have the impossible to find handguard.  I have a buttload of the plain ATI handguards, I have considered trying to make them vented like the K-sports type, just one of those things on my list :P  I think they look cool.

Offline Aburch44

• Newber
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2020, 12:16:42 PM »
Running man..... Thats cool with me!

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2020, 12:53:21 PM »

I have noticed that all the K-Sports Parka-Para's, and now the OP's gun, are 11 million series /26\ manufactured Type 56's. (That I have handled/seen. There may be variances.) Bob_The_Student, what year was your K-Sports 20"?

firstchoice

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 02:06:00 PM »
my bad, the angle and my eyes fooled me. I had just switched back to bifocal contacts that barely work after a week in bifocal glasses, which also led me to fall down an embankment, I have since learned my locale isn't very safe to hike with six eyes.  chuckles1   

I actually passed on a green K sports stock a week ago because it didn't have the impossible to find handguard.  I have a buttload of the plain ATI handguards, I have considered trying to make them vented like the K-sports type, just one of those things on my list :P  I think they look cool.

Steady hand and a good router should turn an ATI HG into what you want Justin, you can do it. I have faith in you. :)

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 05:34:35 PM »

Steady hand and a good router should turn an ATI HG into what you want Justin, you can do it. I have faith in you. :)

Well, I have a good router.  rofl