Author Topic: Not sure why  (Read 4885 times)

Offline jusridin

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Not sure why
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:40:48 AM »
So I walked into a pawn shop and seen this....
I am still not sure why I even offered 250 but I did and they accepted.
 Nothing on this rifle matches lol. I take that back, the trigger assembly and sight have matching numbers :)
 I was drawn to it for some me reason, maybe how used and rough she is? Maybe it's just been a few months since I've purchased one?  I'm just not sure. I have that "I just got another sks" excited feeling just like when I buy a well cared for Russian.
 So it's a 12 mill /26\ non matching (magnifying glass needed to read) made in China by norinko b-west tuc

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Not sure why
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »
Nice.. I bet it makes one heck of a shooter.  Looks like you need a crossbolt nut.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline jusridin

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »
I'm  going to run over to my lgs tomorrow to look for the nut, if he don't have one I'm thinking I will buy a take off stock he has sitting in the corner for 20 bucks.
Thanks LC,  I was hoping you might say something like holy hell Wilmington, do you know what that is! But ya didn't, and I know what it is lol

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »
Its a 26....  All I have to say about that.   :P

You know I love me some 26.   dance2

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline jusridin

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 12:48:18 PM »
That it is :) and I'm definitely taking her to the range ASAP

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 01:30:30 PM »
Shoot....I would've ( as GM might say) bout threw my shoulder outta socket getting my wallet out, at $250. Plus like LC said....its a /26\   thumb1 It looks good man and while I may be getting a lil snobier on matching numbers these days...Under $300 ?.....Yeah that's worth getting a "fix"  :))
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »
For $250 I would have snatched it up. thumb1 Numbers don't make it shoot any different.

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 02:26:28 PM »
A $250 functional SKS is a good deal nowadays... Being a /26\ gun is nice too, because you know the basic action is quality. Being mis-matched only means you don't have to worry about it! 

Heck, my KFS PU Sniper SKS doesn't have one matching part on it, but it one of my most accurate SKSs!

Offline jusridin

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »
Seriously, I'm drawn to it?
I'm loving the beat up wood, the worn off bluing, all the mismatched numbers?
I have 3 Russians, 1 Romy, 2 yugos , and now 4 Chinese.... I can't seem to put this one down.

Offline Shotz90s

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
Sometimes you just have to do it. I have sino that I bought on a FB group for 300. The trigger and dust cover doesn't match the rest of it but I just couldn't say no. Like you, I was drawn to it and under bid what the guy wanted and he said yes. I just didn't get as good of a deal as you. Good Job and enjoy it!