Author Topic: Mystery SKS  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Drrod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Mystery SKS
« on: August 22, 2015, 03:14:18 AM »
I bought an SKS back in the late '80's that has no factory markings of any kind.  No star, to triangle w/number.  Only serial numbers.  All but 1 number is the same but the one exception has "89" preceding the number found elsewhere.  Serial number is in the #00800's but the one that differs reads 8900800.  I know it's a CAI import and made in China.  Any idea what this gun is (year of production, etc)?

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Re: Mystery SKS
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 06:27:08 AM »
I bought an SKS back in the late '80's that has no factory markings of any kind.  No star, to triangle w/number.  Only serial numbers.  All but 1 number is the same but the one exception has "89" preceding the number found elsewhere.  Serial number is in the #00800's but the one that differs reads 8900800.  I know it's a CAI import and made in China.  Any idea what this gun is (year of production, etc)?

That would definitely be a new production commercial gun made in 1989. As to if its a special model or not, we would need to see pictures of the gun to determine that.

Offline Drrod

• Newber
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 08:19:17 AM »
I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to post a pic here. 

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 09:03:40 AM »
I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to post a pic here.

Here ya go...   And welcome to the Files!

How to post photos in Board Information - Page 1 of 1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Drrod

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 02:29:07 AM »
Thank you 'loose cannon."