Author Topic: M1 Garand loads, favorites Please.  (Read 463 times)

Offline Weldrdave

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
M1 Garand loads, favorites Please.
« on: December 03, 2022, 10:49:22 AM »
Hello all,

I've reloaded for many years, various loads,  but after acquiring a couple M1 Garand's I'm looking to see what some of you do and any favorites.   I just recently made up a batch of IMR 4895, started at 48 grain, with a 150 grain bullet, It shot well and was accurate.  I'm staying cautious because of the OP rod and do not want to hurt anything.  I also have about 3lbs of IMR 4064.   Do any of you shoot the 4064 and if you do, may I ask your load data?    I've seen some data on CMP and some other sites and it's a mixed mash of ideas.   Just want to get a feel and general consensus. 

Thanks, Dave  thumb1
USN/USCG (retired) Chief.
God created man; Sam Colt made them equal!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: M1 Garand loads, favorites Please.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 12:23:09 PM »
I haven’t reloaded for my Garands. Here’s a link to some Hodgdon data that includes both powders that you mentioned and a range of bullet sizes. 150gr bullets if you want M2 Ball specs or the 175gr BT bullets if you want something closer to the original M1 Ball.

https://hodgdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/m1-final-data.pdf

Offline Weldrdave

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Re: M1 Garand loads, favorites Please.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 12:42:11 PM »
I haven’t reloaded for my Garands. Here’s a link to some Hodgdon data that includes both powders that you mentioned and a range of bullet sizes. 150gr bullets if you want M2 Ball specs or the 175gr BT bullets if you want something closer to the original M1 Ball.

https://hodgdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/m1-final-data.pdf

Thanks so much!!!  I'll start there, much appreciated.  thumb1
USN/USCG (retired) Chief.
God created man; Sam Colt made them equal!