Author Topic: Fun Show...AP ammo and stuff  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Fun Show...AP ammo and stuff
« on: November 30, 2014, 11:34:11 PM »
I went to the local fun show today just a few miles from my house  :) It was small but had some fun stuff.

I picked up 2 dozen rounds of surplus M2 armor piercing black tip ammo for $20 to try with my 03-A3 some time. It was all WWII era, except a few rounds of 1954 dated ammo, so mostly corrosive primers, I believe.
Headstamps:
- TW: Twin Cities Ordnance Plant, Minneapolis, MN
- FA: Frankford Arsenal, Philadelphia, PA
- LC: Lake City Ammunition Plant, Lake City, MO
- SL: St. Louis Ordnance Plant, St Louis, MO

this is a cool YouTube video if you're curious what this stuff can do  :o

I also picked up 66 rounds (all he had left) of 1953 Israeli surplus 8mm.

...also two Type 56 SKS spike bayo stock/handguard sets with complete stock hardware (one side swivel and one bottom swivel, one with a cleaning kit)...

...and a matching (scrubbed crest) Argentine Model 1891 DWM made Mauser for $130...because I desperately needed another caliber  bat1

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Fun Show...AP ammo and stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:07:52 AM »
"...through the tree, through the bucket.  That would make a pretty good Nazi!"

Damn, I wish we had more wartime propaganda-type videos like that these days!  So you're into 7.65 now Jon?!  doh1

We need to keep Blicero away from you...it's clear he exerts undue influence upon you that isn't healthy!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 11:02:45 AM »
Ha-ha, those old training video clips were interesting and not at all "politically correct". Of course, I don't think there would be very many people upset today by the statement "that would make a pretty dead jihadi" (but there would be some).

For those who don't want to watch the full video: 165 grain, hard steel core bullet, penetrates a 1 foot diameter log and bursts a milk jug on the other side, 1" (not 1.5") of mild steel and the steel core is 100% intact, 4" (not 5") very well made concrete wall, drills through 3/8" (not 1/2") AR500 steel.

We all know Blicero is a bad influence and despite living across the country from him I have contracted the Mauser virus. I'm also unsuccessfully battling a case of Mosinitis that I thought was in remission, but has flared up recently. I said to the guy at the table after he accepted my offer, "like I really need another caliber". Oh well, she was pretty and alluring in her matching outfit and I strayed from my Germans and Swedes. Kinda like if Grease Monkey ran into Katy Perry  rofl

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:33:15 PM »
Cool stuff! I love those oddball ammo & accessory discoveries as much as the guns themselves. But 7.65, what's up with that? What kind of hipster contrarian are you turning into? What's wrong, 7 or 8mm not good enough for you? Too mainstream? What's next, 7.46/the square root of pi x 95.5?

So...not to be a mooch here...care to contribute some Israeli ammo to the World War 8 test? And I need a ride home from the mechanic's shop later. And lend me 50 bucks?

Let's see this Mauser!
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 12:52:51 PM »
Cool stuff! I love those oddball ammo & accessory discoveries as much as the guns themselves. But 7.65, what's up with that? What kind of hipster contrarian are you turning into? What's wrong, 7 or 8mm not good enough for you? Too mainstream? What's next, 7.46/the square root of pi x 95.5?

rofl I thought an M/40 Swede in 8x63 would be a good next caliber  :o 

So...not to be a mooch here...care to contribute some Israeli ammo to the World War 8 test? And I need a ride home from the mechanic's shop later. And lend me 50 bucks?

I was thinking of the 8mm ammo test as soon as I saw the Israeli cartridges.  I'll see about sending you an ORM-D package later this week.  I asked the guy about them and he said he uses it all the time and hasn't had any hangfires, so hopefully it'll be good stuff. I dig the Hebrew characters and Mogen Davids on that very busy headstamp.  I've always liked the poetic justice in the Israeli's use of surplus K98's as a part of their initial armaments, so I'll definitely save a few of these unfired for my modest cartridge collection.

I'll try and get some pics of the Argentine Mauser later.  I may not have many daylight photography opportunities this week.