Author Topic: Learn me on .308 vs. x51NATO  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Learn me on .308 vs. x51NATO
« on: September 19, 2015, 07:15:36 PM »
Took a Remington 7400 in trade today and really am not up on the caliber. Only rifle I briefly had before this in .308 was a single shot older H&R.
7400 has a 22" bbl stamped .308WIN.
My question is;
Is this the same as .223/5.56NATO as concerns shooting the NATO out of the civilian chamber, is it or is it not safe to shoot the WRA out of the 7400?
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Re: Learn me on .308 vs. x51NATO
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 07:45:12 PM »
From what I understand, shooting thin walled commercial 308 in military 7.62 chamber is not recomended. Shooting thick walled 7.62 in 308 chamber is ok.

Dont have much experience with it myself, but many guys claim that if a mil 7.62 passes 308 go/no go,  your ok to shoot the commercial 308 in 7.62.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 08:18:45 PM »
Got ya. I was getting confused with the headspace deal, but go it now. Main thing is I'm okay shjooting the WRA stuff out of the 7400.

Thanks LC
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 09:04:30 PM »
So...  GM says this is all wrong.  Maybe he will post what he knows, as I'm just interpreting what I'm reading.