Author Topic: Three AR's  (Read 7793 times)

Offline nightstryke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Three AR's
« on: August 01, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »
So I mentioned earlier that I have 3 AR's that I built and I do. Though I say built it's really I just ordered all the parts and assembled, but still I did all the manual labor!   :)

My first AR the first actual gun I've ever owned and on top of that I assembled it myself!  :)
The box is from PSA, i bought one of their diy parts kits for the first build.

What it looks like now, yes I had to put a bump fire stock on it, it's a bump fire systems.

The other two only have one picture of them both, but still AR goodness!

Two rifles are built off of Anderson Mfg lowers, and the third is built off of a Tegra Arms Carbon Fiber Lower I got on sale for $35 and free shipping. All rifles are in 5.56x45mm NATO.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Three AR's
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »
Very nice looking carbines and a great job building them!

Offline nightstryke

• Newber
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:06:22 PM »
Thanks, and yeah 2 of them are midlength and one is carbine length but they're all 16" and 1/7 twist. Though on my main rifle I had to have the bayonet, nothing drives the point across more than a pointy object strapped or secured on the end of a rifle.  ;)

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 04:36:09 PM »
Ever think about a 20"?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline nightstryke

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 07:07:29 PM »
Ever think about a 20"?
Yes I have, but the problem is if I make a 20" I'm making an A1 and if I do that I need a Colt AR-15 Receiver and I don't want to just buy a colt rifle to part out to build it. I can find the upper easy enough and use either generic or PSA parts for the internals, but the problem is sometimes finding the buttstock and the buffer tube for the 20" is a pain in the ass. Before you say anything yes it would be semi-auto as I'm not paying $30 to $40K for a Full Auto.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 07:29:49 PM »
Why would a 20" have to be an A1?   Preference?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline nightstryke

• Newber
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »
Yup, I prefer the A1 style handguards.
Though, I've been thinking of either building an AR-10, or possibly getting a MAS-49/56 in .308 mostly as I want something in .308 that isn't going to cost me a grand or more. I would also mention that minus the accessories all of the AR's pictured were built under $500.

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
Though, I've been thinking of either building an AR-10, or possibly getting a MAS-49/56 in .308 mostly as I want something in .308 that isn't going to cost me a grand or more. I would also mention that minus the accessories all of the AR's pictured were built under $500.
Nice assemblages!
As far as the .308 49/56 goes, the Century monkeys converted those, back when they were building their reputation for drunkenness and  strabismus. Tread carefully...
BTW, have you thought about building a "pistol"? I assembled a 10.5" and it is a blast!

Offline nightstryke

• Newber
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 05:05:26 PM »
Nice assemblages!
As far as the .308 49/56 goes, the Century monkeys converted those, back when they were building their reputation for drunkenness and  strabismus. Tread carefully...
BTW, have you thought about building a "pistol"? I assembled a 10.5" and it is a blast!
I have thought about a pistol build, but the issue is the whole either using the pistol brace or leaving it as a pistol buffer tube. Quite honestly I'm not really fond of the whole AR Pistol thing, and yes I have heard that some of the MAS 49/56 conversions to .308 were spotty but I still want one. Also looking at maybe a PTR though.  :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:33:32 PM by nightstryke »

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 09:06:21 PM »
Nice assemblages!
I have thought about a pistol build, but the issue is the whole either using the pistol brace or leaving it as a pistol buffer tube. Quite honestly I'm not really fond of the whole AR Pistol thing, and yes I have heard that some of the MAS 49/56 conversions to .308 were spotty but I still want one.  :)
I was right there with you on the pistol until I built mine. A good cheek weld on the buffer tube pad makes it pretty pointable.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
with the prices the way they are, just put together my first AR. just got a complete lower and complete upper from PSA. can't beat them for the money. yup, well under $500.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!