Author Topic: Which looks best, and why ?  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Cupid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Re: Which looks best, and why ?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2020, 07:34:40 PM »
Just curious Cupid are you selling or did you design the mount or have any interest in that mount? I'm asking because since you joined you been really keen on talking about that setup. If so,  I don't care and it would make more sense otherwise I don't understand why you keep asking why people like or don't like it. Multiple people have stated their opinion on it so...

My personal thought is if you're happy with your setups that is the ONLY thing that should matter.

I have not designed the mount and have no financial interest in it, it's just a bipod mount turned upside down.  I keep talking about it because as far as RDS mounts go I think it's absolutely  perfect . :)

THE WELDER GIVETH AND THE FILE TAKETH AWAY

ARSE~!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 08:39:46 PM »
Okay, second thread on this topic. Phrasing your answer in the form of a question doesn't make it a different subject Alex* :)) I haven't chimed in since you heard my opinion before. Muzzle-mounted red dot part deux has remained amazingly civil, so congratulations to everyone.

We all realize that you love the muzzle mounted red dots Cupid; I assure you, your point has been made.  thankyou1 Perhaps you'll win some new converts but it seems the crowd is generally resistant to your evangelizing  tommy1 rofl

You clearly enjoy it and can bask in the personal satisfaction at obtaining SKS sight perfection , for you.  thumb1

*Wishing Alex T. healing

Offline Cupid

• Rifleman
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2020, 08:53:40 PM »
Okay, second thread on this topic. Phrasing your answer in the form of a question doesn't make it a different subject Alex* :)) I haven't chimed in since you heard my opinion before. Muzzle-mounted red dot part deux has remained amazingly civil, so congratulations to everyone.

We all realize that you love the muzzle mounted red dots Cupid; I assure you, your point has been made.  thankyou1 Perhaps you'll win some new converts but it seems the crowd is generally resistant to your evangelizing  tommy1 rofl

You clearly enjoy it and can bask in the personal satisfaction at obtaining SKS sight perfection , for you.  thumb1

*Wishing Alex T. healing

Thanks thumb1.  It's the best non modifying mod I have discovered.  A good trigger job and this type of mount for a RDS makes the SKS the best available for the $ by far.

PS, It ended up being the same topic but that was not the intention.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 09:08:47 PM by Cupid »

ARSE~!

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 08:59:22 PM »
I would go with the Yugo, I kind of like the scout scope look, and I have both my T53 and an SKS using that type of scoping. I do have a red dot to swap out with my LER scope...but I haven't really tried it.

I also think it looks more at home with how it is mounted on the Yugo with all the grenade stuff up front anyway. More balanced appearing?
The regular Type 56 would look better to me without the red dot at all.

Aesthetics then.

Actually not as much as you may think. I am one of few that does the scout scope at all around here AFAIK, but I have crummy vision...and am a right handed shooter/left eye dominant...and I wear bifocals.  Generally, I wouldn't appreciate the look, nor do I particularly care for red dots on a wood stocked rifle.  They don't help as much for my vision issues, and scopes look better.  It's function and form.  My SKS with the scout setup over the rear sight is full on bubba, but it also has different setups, for tinkering around. I only screw around with a few of them...the other dozen or so are as issued, or after I have unbubba'd them they are then as reissued. :P

I have a few red dots, and might even have a similar mount around here somewhere.  My red dots are beyond cheap...I think the one that I have that is similar/identical to yours set me back about seven bucks new.  Just because I don't particularly care for it doesn't mean I would pound it to death clamped to the barrel, or risk even shoddier marksmanship by creating barrel resonance by doing it that way. With my experience on the SKS platform and scout type optics, the handguard type, are a joke, the quad rail type are bulky and heavy, but one replacing the rear sight both looks better, is less likely to get beat up...and won't cause issues with accuracy.

Plus, with all the weight up front with the grenade trappings on the Yugo, if you put it up there it would look like some kind of weird blender attachment, that is unbalanced and front heavy. 

I also like to be able to turn the thing off while I am still shouldering it...I forget often enough and kill batteries often when using these things.

Offline Cupid

• Rifleman
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2020, 09:11:24 PM »
I found it impossible to mount on the Yugo.

"Plus, with all the weight up front with the grenade trappings on the Yugo, if you put it up there it would look like some kind of weird blender attachment, that is unbalanced and front heavy."

Aesthetics again

ARSE~!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 10:18:08 PM »

"Plus, with all the weight up front with the grenade trappings on the Yugo, if you put it up there it would look like some kind of weird blender attachment, that is unbalanced and front heavy."

Aesthetics again

It's clear to me that JH is saying function and aesthetics.

Offline Cupid

• Rifleman
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2020, 11:10:19 PM »

Aesthetics again

It's clear to me that JH is saying function and aesthetics.

It's clear to me that until he tries it he is not in a position to talk about the function.

ARSE~!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2020, 11:25:04 PM »
Okay, your initial question was explicitly about aesthetics. Then you denigrate anyone who offers an opinion on aesthetics and aver that only function is important.

Then you stipulate that only those who have shot with the red dot clamp mount can have an opinion on function.

I’m left with the logical conclusion that you don’t actually want any opinions  think1