Author Topic: Mosin Cost Check  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
Mosin Cost Check
« on: December 12, 2019, 08:40:52 PM »
Went to a local gun store today and found a 1925 Mosin with hex receiver and bayonet.   It was in good shape, I think it was matching, and the importer was stipled on the receiver.  Factory mark looked like Izhevsk, but it seemed to me the arrow was sitting on the bow.  I know practically nothing about the beasts, but the price was $230.00.  Like most, I remember the $59.00 Rose's guns, and failed to keep track of them since.  What's the going rate for them now?  They also had a non-matching Chinese Mosin Carbine, /26\ factory, I think 1955. Can't remember the price.  Thanks, Bruce.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 08:52:32 PM by Bacarnal »

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Mosin Cost Check
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 08:50:27 PM »
For a refurbished ex-Dragoon M91/30 in good shootable condition, $230 is a good price these days. It might sell for $300-350 to the right buyer.

For Chinese Type 53s, mismatched is the norm. I remember the $89 days on those as it was only 6 years ago, but likely $200-250 for them now.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 08:55:03 PM »
Thanks, P32.  I might just go back there tomorrow to have another look.

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 11:13:16 PM »
Agree that the hex receiver ex-dragoon these days is generally a $300-plus rifle if refurbed to match.

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 09:49:31 AM »
I believe a hex ex-dragoon is a more desirable mosin. all matching numbers a plus. sounds like a good deal.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 10:48:22 AM »
Converted Dragoons carry a slight premium over a regular M91/30.. prices can get rather scary when you stumble across one thats unconverted.

I ran across 2 years ago...a Finnish capture and a Spanish Civil War

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »
Well, darn.  I read the price wrong.  It was 299.00.  But, I talked to the owner and he said he would drop the price if I got three or more.  The one I handled was in cosmoline, matching (including the bayonet), comes with all the gear, and seemed in good to excellent condition.   I'll have to see about the bores.  I might just pull the trigger on a few... fart1

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 07:20:05 PM »
Well, darn.  I read the price wrong.  It was 299.00.  But, I talked to the owner and he said he would drop the price if I got three or more.  The one I handled was in cosmoline, matching (including the bayonet), comes with all the gear, and seemed in good to excellent condition.   I'll have to see about the bores.  I might just pull the trigger on a few... fart1

If there are guns with the pre-1930 date, you would do well to pick them up, even at $299.  Though they have been rebuilt to M91/30 specs, they were originally built as Dragoon configuration.  The 'Ex-Dragoon', as Greasemonkey alluded, is a moderately desirable variant, and perhaps a 10% greater value than the rest of the bunch.