Author Topic: My two Turks  (Read 5575 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
My two Turks
« on: May 13, 2016, 02:23:51 PM »
First is a 1893 Mauser, a conversion from 7.65 to 8x57, done in 1938, note the cut out in the receiver face for the longer 8x57 rounds. As I understand they reborded the 7.65 barrel to 8mm. Another added feature is the thumb cut out for stripper clips. It still has the Turkish script writing on the left side, which I never have taken the time to figure out  :-[  Somewhere in it's life, I'm guessing it got a newer style stock, all 1893 Mausers were straight stock originally, the Ottomans could have performed the swap to the 1903 style stock after eliminating the magazine cutoff,  but sadly, someone had their way with it and, poly'ed it bat1

It's a two lug Mauser, much like the Swedes and Spanish, so these don't have quite the action strength the K98 and other three lug Mausers have. Also coupled with the hot Turkish ammo, if you have ever fired it, you will know what I'm speaking of. These would be one rifle I would recommend a headspace check on, if for nothing else, piece of mind knowing the bolt ain't gonna go through your skull. I've shot a few round of known weaker ammo through this one, thats about it.

Sorry about the horrid pictures, these are all I have of it, this was one I've had quite a while so good photos don't really exist, I couldn't even find the paperwork for the beast ???. It was one of those...less than a hundred buck finds, maybe even less than $75 bucks..But.. there is faint stripes.. thumb1

And the 1942 K.Kale from some strange guy, who kept the stripes chuckles1

Anyone recognize the wood pile, you know he was out there going work it, work it, shake that Turkish butt stock for daddy.. rofl2 chuckles1

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:35:31 PM by Phosphorus32 »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: My two Turks
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 02:35:14 PM »
Fine, now I need one of the M938 reworks with the Turkish (Arabic) script writing.  You see what you did  bat1  rofl

Seriously, nice rifles  thumb1 

The Turk reworks and the Yugoslavian post-WWII rifles are still bargains if you're primarily looking for a shooter Mauser, but like all milsurps they continue to rise in price.

I think I do recognize that wood pile  think1  Some guy named Loose Turk or something like that  :o  :))

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:58:26 PM »
Fine, now I need one of the M938 reworks with the Turkish (Arabic) script writing.  You see what you did  bat1  rofl

Seriously, nice rifles  thumb1 

The Turk reworks and the Yugoslavian post-WWII rifles are still bargains if you're primarily looking for a shooter Mauser, but like all milsurps they continue to rise in price.

I think I do recognize that wood pile  think1  Some guy named Loose Turk or something like that  :o  :))

The script is cool, some where in there is actually the year date of manufacture, And...

I see exactly what I did  thumb1 I showed something good, there by "Enabling" you to find one  banana time banana time  I still got it..  rofl chuckles1 rofl2   Little bit of payback for acting as the "Enabler" and a certain P64 in my absence.   rofl2 rofl2

Oh and like you said they are rising in price, act fast, get yours today, before they rise any more thumb1 rofl2

Loose}{Turk or Turkish}{Cannon, I forget, one of those guys..

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 03:10:36 PM »
Oh and like you said they are rising in price, act fast, get yours today, before they rise any more thumb1 rofl2

That's right, buy now, they will disappear or self-destruct  fart1 or something catastrophic very soon  :o

I see exactly what I did  thumb1 I showed something good, there by "Enabling" you to find one  banana time banana time  I still got it..  rofl chuckles1 rofl2   Little bit of payback for acting as the "Enabler" and a certain P64 in my absence.   rofl2 rofl2

No I can't compete with the chief enabler, only stand in once in a while  rofl   dance2 chuckles1

Loose}{Turk or Turkish}{Cannon, I forget, one of those guys..

Turkish}{Cannon...I like it  thumb1  :))

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 03:28:57 PM »
Quote from: Greasemonkey on Today at 02:58:26 PM

No I can't compete with the chief enabler, only stand in once in a while  rofl   dance2 chuckles1

I'll be nice :o and let is slide, this time :) 
Besides, one really needs to check out.........Turkish belly dancing or Turkish oriental dance.. OMG, it's hot smack1, possibly right somewhere between Turkish striped stocks and Shakira,  rofl   one more great thing about Turkey, if they were to advertise with that belly dancing, you couldn't find a Turkish weapon rofl2 rofl2

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 04:18:59 PM »
Turkey needs to be nuked.    rofl

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.