Author Topic: Slovenian HonorGuard rifles at AIM  (Read 55712 times)

Offline Jack Flag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Newber
Re: Slovenian HonorGuard rifles at AIM
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2015, 07:24:42 PM »
I picked up my two Yugos earlier today. One ceremonial the other a regular 59/66. The regular is very nice. Some handling marks. But it has a nice (to me anyways) deep dark grain in it. Packed all over the place with heavy cosmo. Came with a sling, two oil bottles (with oil still in them), one that came in a leather pouch with a crap ton of blue patina everywhere. Ammo pouch and since I'm not an expert. Something else that resembles the size of a sausage. Overall very nice. "I" prefix. So made in 1976 or so.

----
The ceremonial was packed in a good amount of cosmo, but not as bad as the normal 59/66. Overall, I'm very happy with it. Looks rather new. 5 or 6 small gouges or indentations. But nothing too bad. I guess it would have been nice if it was 100% perfect. But it being a "Z". It is nearly 30 years old. So all's good. Honestly, it's all probably handling wear/marks from storage/arsenal. Came with the log book. Same metal sausage and the natural colored sling.

Pics tomorrow.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2015, 07:27:31 PM »
Waiting patiently for the pics  hurry1 

The "metal sausage"  rofl is the cleaning kit that goes in the butt hole :o uh, I mean the hole in the buttstock.

Offline Jack Flag

• Newber
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2015, 07:38:35 PM »
Waiting patiently for the pics  hurry1 

The "metal sausage"  rofl is the cleaning kit that goes in the butt hole :o uh, I mean the hole in the buttstock.

rofl

:o :o :o :o Maybe "metal sausage" will become a common term when talking about SKS's.  rofl

Make's sense. I didn't look very hard at the thing.  ???

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2015, 07:40:43 PM »
 rofl

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2015, 09:31:56 PM »
I picked up my two Yugos earlier today. One ceremonial the other a regular 59/66. The regular is very nice. Some handling marks. But it has a nice (to me anyways) deep dark grain in it. Packed all over the place with heavy cosmo. Came with a sling, two oil bottles (with oil still in them), one that came in a leather pouch with a crap ton of blue patina everywhere. Ammo pouch and since I'm not an expert. Something else that resembles the size of a sausage. Overall very nice. "I" prefix. So made in 1976 or so.

----
The ceremonial was packed in a good amount of cosmo, but not as bad as the normal 59/66. Overall, I'm very happy with it. Looks rather new. 5 or 6 small gouges or indentations. But nothing too bad. I guess it would have been nice if it was 100% perfect. But it being a "Z". It is nearly 30 years old. So all's good. Honestly, it's all probably handling wear/marks from storage/arsenal. Came with the log book. Same metal sausage and the natural colored sling.

Pics tomorrow.

Lucky dog!  A 'Z' seems like a cool serial. 

I think a lot of us picked the right time to buy these Yugos.  SKS aficionados were scrapping over ugly beat up refurbs not long ago on auction sites.

Got my V today.  Looks exactly like everyone else's including the rubber over the sights.

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2015, 10:16:13 PM »
Isn't it Albanian's that come with a metal sausage and a plastic one ?  :o rofl chuckles1 clap1

I agree, these are good rifles to be buying, very good.  thumb1
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone

Offline bartski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2015, 09:15:04 AM »
----

Pics tomorrow.

I agree... there were inevitably going to be a few handling marks, but they are very minimal and I'm really happy with mine!

Online Cz315

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2022, 10:51:43 PM »
It's been a while since I necropsied but y'all should feel good about your shiny Slovenians as the one just sold for almost double what AIM charged you...