Author Topic: A little anniversary powder burning!  (Read 6547 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
A little anniversary powder burning!
« on: December 12, 2015, 05:37:25 PM »
Well yesterday was our anniversary...Mary has put up with me for 16 years. So what better way to celebrate it than to burn a little powder together! Sorry, there are no target photos. (I didn't want her showing me up to be honest.)

Here she is firing her S&W Mod66 .357Mag, she carried one like this when she was a cop a few years back. She also ran a few .22LR rounds through the H&R Mod 950 in the holster and warmed up her Bersa Thunder .380. She's a dead shot with em all!

She burned a few rounds through her [0306] SKS at 50 yards, all are inside the six inch bullseye. She has been using an aimpoint type sight but decided to put the original cover back on and use factory sights! We got her some glasses recently and she shoots much better now!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:36:35 PM by Dannyboy53 »

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: A little anniversary powder burning!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »
Happy Anniversary Danny!

Looks like a good day with the Mrs. who rarely misses  :)

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
Awesome anniversary Danny! You got a keeper for sure  thumb1 Here's to another 16 years man.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 07:22:05 PM »
Thanks guys! She's been a champ taking care of me the past year or so. Yes Phosphorus she gives me a run for the money with her shooting!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 08:56:39 PM »
Awsome..  Happy 16th you lucky dawg.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 09:15:52 PM »
Yep, I'm luckier than a henhouse rat!

Offline Root83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
  • If it goes" bang"...it's all good
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 09:02:38 PM »
Congratulations ... I've finally landed one that loves to shoot too... They're not easy to find...sure makes it easy to explain... honey.... I need some more H4350...for your 243 and maybe some Varget and some CCI benchrest primers... care if I run down to Big R or Scheels..??. which unfortunately they dont have either in Missouri... which sucks big time and leaves only Bass Pro here in Springfield, MO...where you have to bend over in the checkout line if you want any "grease" ...if they even have what you're after. My fiancee  not only loves to shoot, but we have her 12 yr old daughter shooting too.. and she's even helping me reload... loves running the LNL AP....and checking COL with calipers..... You Gotta Keeper ...Better Keep Her
8yrs and 97 Days in the US Marine Corps, recalled Dec 1990 for Kuwait, orders cancelled before unit ship out date, tried to re enlist Sept 14, 2001... told I was too old...by one year. Dang It
Semper Fi

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 09:02:10 AM »
Thanks Root, it sounds like your "gang" has got it together too!

Offline MATAZOMBIE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
  • Only GOOD guys w/guns stop BAD guys w/guns!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 12:00:04 PM »
I just saw this, Congratulations on your anniversary Dannyboy! clap1 clap1 The S&W Mod 66 was my first duty weapon back in 1975.  God bless!!
I would rather live my life believing in God, and upon my death discover that He doesn't exist, than to not believe and upon my death discover that He does!!!

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 06:42:13 PM »
Thank you zombie, a Model 66 is danged hard to beat!

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 12:33:17 PM »
Congrats Danny, great way to spend your anniversary!
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.