Author Topic: Non-Papered.. Non-Imported 11M /26\  (Read 7294 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Non-Papered.. Non-Imported 11M /26\
« on: October 09, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »
Here she is guys, the first of two.  100% matching at $375 otd.  Hole throgh stock is quite small... Im thinking either 5.56 and the wood expanded as it went through and then relaxed and swelled with humidity, or its a Claymore hit?

I love this carbine!   Blood-rust pitting?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Lmbass14

• Enjoying another trip around the sun.
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • Just livin' the dream.
Re: Non-Papered.. Non-Imported 11M /26\
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 08:34:15 PM »
Now that's what I'm talking about.  Thats awesome.  I'd leave the hole, it adds character. 

Very nice, very very nice.
In war, there are no winners or losers.  Just survivors. DR

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:50:54 PM »
Awesome looking carbine, that stock sets if off!

As for the hole, I would be inclined toward it possibly being a claymore strike than 5.56mm. I honestly do not know of another spherical projectile the military had in its inventory that small in those days. Judging from the angle of entry and exit I'd say if someone were carrying it at the time of impact (which is most likely) their day just went to hell in a hand basket.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »
She is down right gorgeous.  thumb1

Love the pic showing light through the hole btw.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 02:31:16 AM »
Interesting...so 11m is when the lightening cuts were abandoned? 

I was under the impression it was later than that...it kind of makes me think my /206\ may be older than I had previously hypothesized.  They share all the same attributes as this, although my rear sight block has a lightening cut, whereas this does not.   

Was the stock refinished before or after the hole?  It's kind of hard to tell.

Super sweet carbine, the nice price is a bonus!  Congrats!

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 10:03:24 AM »

I was under the impression it was later than that...it kind of makes me think my /206\ may be older than I had previously hypothesized.  They share all the same attributes as this, although my rear sight block has a lightening cut, whereas this does not.   

Right here man:

http://chinesesks.weebly.com/arsenal-26.html

You can check out the differences there.

As for the hole, to me it looks like it's the original finish, and the hole was made after. Which would only make sense if it were a bringback.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 10:29:26 AM »

Right here man:

http://chinesesks.weebly.com/arsenal-26.html

You can check out the differences there.

As for the hole, to me it looks like it's the original finish, and the hole was made after. Which would only make sense if it were a bringback.

Looks like some more info was added to the /26\ page since my last visit....interesting to see that the stamped trigger groups appeared that early too. I have been speculating about the age of my /206\ based upon features of /26\ guns to get a ballpark idea...seems to me as if it is perhaps older than I previously guessed.

I thought the stock appeared to be refinished due to the serial being nearly eliminated, and it appears to have finish/stain inside the one clearly visible remaining number.  I suppose it could have been a newly issued carbine, and that hole led to a very brief career for its previous 'owner'.  The finish seems pretty nice considering the condition of some of the metal parts.  47 years of potential stateside neglect could have caused that though...back when ammo for these as unheard of here.  It looks like it spent considerable time with the bolt held open, the finish on the carrier and cover show similar patterns of corrosion as if that were the case.

It would be interesting to know the history it has seen for sure.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »
I'm going to agree with Justin, the almost illegible stock s/n doesn't jive with how nice the finish on that gun looks.  MrC, is it really shellac on the stock or could it be some kind of polymer/lacquer/oil applied afterwards?  I'd buy the bolt being held open for a long time in a corrosive environment too, location of the line of heavy pitting would be right where the receiver cover ends at bolt locked back.

Neat gun, regardless. Some of the 11 mils are simply ugly as snot, this one was a steal at that price.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 02:23:33 PM »
I'm going to agree with Justin, the almost illegible stock s/n doesn't jive with how nice the finish on that gun looks.  MrC, is it really shellac on the stock or could it be some kind of polymer/lacquer/oil applied afterwards?  I'd buy the bolt being held open for a long time in a corrosive environment too, location of the line of heavy pitting would be right where the receiver cover ends at bolt locked back.

Neat gun, regardless. Some of the 11 mils are simply ugly as snot, this one was a steal at that price.

It is 100% shellac over serials and then heavy use after that. This shellac has been on there a looong time.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
Also...  The pitting on the carrier is completely hidden an inch back under the cover when locked to the rear.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 02:34:36 PM »
After reviewing the pics again, I also noticed that if this was shouldered when the hole was introduced, the 'exit wound' on the stock is right about where my remaining wisdom tooth is... YOWCH! 

Probably something that would be survivable, but painful enough that you wouldn't want to.

Creative dentistry in the jungle...a ventilated cheek weld in Texas.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 02:43:50 PM »
Cannon my front sight base is different, it has that milled cut near the bayonet screw. Could this mean they changed sights during production between yours and mine or simply grabbed and installed whatever sight was in the bin?! What is the purpose of that cut?

Also mine has a lot of light surface rust on the barrel, tube, magazine, TG and the bolt carrier is stained also as you can see like it was marking time in storage.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 02:50:45 PM »
"Lightening" cut on the bayo lug must have been removed sometime during the 11m production as yours is a low # and mine is much higher.  Interesting.....

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 03:52:55 PM »
Noticing the cut in the bayo lug was missing on MrLC's is what got me to wondering myself....that is when I noticed the difference in my rear sight base too...granted its apples to Mandarin oranges between my /206\  and these.  My lug is like this one, but my sight base does have the cut....whereas this one does not.  The differences between this and my 10m and 9m are substantial.  I need to hunt down my own 11m now.

I wouldn't be surprised if some parts were manufactured elsewhere and used up at random...by random factories...hence the differences from gun to gun, one would also think while not giving an exact timeline, that it would get you into a ballpark idea of when a particular rifle was made.  I don't see them hanging onto N.O.S. for a long time...while tooling may have been moved around somewhat, I suspect that is less likely and modernization practices probably proliferated at a reasonable rate. 

What is neat about these bringbacks, especially the papered ones, is that it gives a definitive timeline when the evolution of the Chinese SKS can be solidified...at least to the consistency of a Jello-Shot.  chuckles1

Once the data from other factories can be accumulated perhaps it could 'shed some new light'  :)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 05:55:18 PM »
"Lightening" cut on the bayo lug must have been removed sometime during the 11m production as yours is a low # and mine is much higher.  Interesting.....

Yeah, now if we could see a few more examples that would pretty much clench it I would think.