Author Topic: Surplus chest rig  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Surplus chest rig
« on: September 22, 2014, 09:37:39 PM »
Got my chest rig today...just something cooler to carry my stripper clips to the range with :)

These definitely were not made for large American men, lol.

I'm guessing the slightly larger pouch on the end is for the cleaning bottle?

Offline Adam7

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
Re: Surplus chest rig
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:17:42 PM »
I like these.  I have two just sitting around collecting dust... Along with most of my random sks surplus junk I have lol.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 10:23:07 PM »
I still have yet to get a Chinese rig...  I do have an Albanian though.  Never have tried it on or even thought about wearing it in public.   :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Adam7

• Global Moderator
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 10:24:34 PM »
I still have yet to get a Chinese rig...  I do have an Albanian though.  Never have tried it on or even thought about wearing it in public.   :)

Never seen the alby version.  Look similar?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:36:20 PM »

Never seen the alby version.  Look similar?

oh yeah...  its almost identicle, but the wooden parts are black plastic on the Alby.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:43:43 PM »
We have two of these, they're handy as a pocket on a shirt. I think you're going to like it Power, they're nice.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
Mary wears her rig to get used to reloading with it when she's punching holes in targets. She is still using the 20 round Tapco mags and discovered they fit in the chest rig pouches but the covers would not fasten over the duck bill mags.

She found out her elastic hair bands worked perfectly after I suggested she find a seamstress in town to sew on some velcro straps. My guess is she has reserved the remaining empty pouches for the sight adjustment tool, oil bottle/bore patches and a makeup packet!

I suppose one could refer to this as..."feminine ingenuity"! Actually they are very secure.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 08:34:06 PM »
Nice!!

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »
Thanks Power, I don't know what the difference is but ours don't have as many pouches as yours. Ours only have five ammo pouches and one smaller pouch on each end.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:19:06 PM »
"Surplus chest rig" ...hmm  think1 Is there any way my 16 year old brain could possibly misinterpret that phrase  rofl

I've got a few of these.  Haven't really used them very much but they are a cool bit of militaria. Three of mine are a 10 pouch variety where the far left pouch is rubberized for water resistance. Model 3514t-(character)