Author Topic: My other /26\ Chinese SKS  (Read 11049 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: My other /26\ Chinese SKS
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »
110% improvement there Danny!  When you shoot it next, you might try extending the bayo and see how that affects your accuracy.   Some people swear there's an improvement with the bayo extended.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 05:07:30 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll try that running-man, I've heard that too!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 06:02:28 PM »
That was fast!   Looks much better imho.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 06:44:13 PM »
That was fast!   Looks much better imho.   thumb1

Yeah, thanks Cannon. Crazyone mailed it Monday and it arrived here 10:30 this morning!

Like running-man said a while back, it just doesn't look right having an empty bayonet lug hanging under a barrel! Now both my /26\ guns have bayonets, it's good to look into my cabinet and see pig-stickers!

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 01:31:04 PM »
110% improvement there Danny!  When you shoot it next, you might try extending the bayo and see how that affects your accuracy.   Some people swear there's an improvement with the bayo extended.

Running-man since you posted this statement we recently did some shooting and Mary decided to try extending the bayonet for the heck of it (I thought you were joking about this!) and see if it had any effect on the groups. I read statements pro and con and to be honest I am a bit skeptical!

After firing a few shots with the spike bayonet stowed away Mary extended the bayo and fired a few more rounds from her [0306] gun and the group tightened up from about 2½" to about 1¼" at 25 meters. I was surprised and quite frankly thought it simply a stroke of good luck but she got the same results a second time!

I regrettably have no photos of the target but we intend to try again soon and I'll record the results and post them in the range/target section if anyone is interested. I didn't try my /26\ gun but I'm curious to see if this has any effect with it also.

Has anyone else on this board tried this and seen similar results?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »
I have never done a comparison nor have I seen anyone do any real tests etc.....  very interesting Danny.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 02:28:10 PM »
Well I wouldn't label what we plan to do as being an "official scientific review"! But the ammo we shoot will be from the same lot # and we will probably use at least two of our carbines.

I'm open to any other suggestions of course!