Author Topic: New 2019 type 56 imports at Classic tracking thread  (Read 54161 times)

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: New 2019 type 56 imports at Classic tracking thread
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2019, 05:50:35 PM »
The latest reviews on the site seem promisingish...
I am not in a place to bite this year...too many other handles of irons in the fire. At least we don't have sales tax here...and a recent shopping cart showed they don't charge us for it here. It would be a kinda good deal for what I would like to get...but I doubt they will let me get as specific as I want for even the $50 off....and it still be worth it vs. other crap that just has to happen.

I didn't even buy ammo this year.  cry1

Offline Mike M

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2019, 06:30:56 PM »
First I would like to say thank you for all the great information on this form. I am a first time SKS buyer. I picked up one of these from the first batch they had in back in March. I thought I would post a few pictures and maybe someone can confirm the date. The rifle was in good shape, the barrel was like new and the stock was a little beat up. It shoots just fine and its accuracy is limited by the user more then the rifle. All the numbers seem to match. I feel I received value for the price, even though the second batch was $20 less...lol. If they get another batch will it be even less?

image sharing

"...You can ask me for anything you like, except time" - Napoleon

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2019, 07:56:55 PM »
Welcome to the Files!

That looks like a very good Type 56!  First two digits are 15, so 15th year of production of the Type (19)56 = 1970

That was a very scarce year until the latest imports of these Chinese that were provided to Albania (and trans-shipped through Austria). These imports haven't changed the fact that 1970 was a low production year of the Type 56 at Jianshe. Nice score!  thumb1

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2019, 12:29:45 AM »
Wow...I post and it appears.

If I had my choice, this would be exactly what I would have hoped for.
I would love to see more pics, unless you left out a nasty shot of a recent (unboxing video) gouge in the stock...that is likely the nicest I have seen yet from this batch.

Welcome to the files, and congratulations. Welcome to your new addiction...you are off to a great start.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2019, 09:05:46 AM »
hi Mike and welcome. good to have you here. looks like you got a nice one.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline echo83

• Rifleman
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2019, 08:06:22 PM »
Welcome to the Files! I bought from the same batch as you. Great looking rifle! I think you definitely lucked out. Was yours avalanched in Cosmoline, too?

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2019, 06:54:06 PM »
Welcome, Mike.
Nice rifle!
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline santaroga

• constitutional imperialist
  • Cadet
  • Desert Rat
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »
I grabbed on on the $349 flash sale. should have grabbed more, honestly. well used but well kept 11 million, no trench art (sadly)

album: https://imgur.com/a/owckLTm

chocolate chip vet.

rule 1: do stuff
rule 2: don't let "lacka" prevent you from doing stuff
rule 3: finish some thing every day

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2019, 06:55:11 PM »
looking good santaroga, have fun with it.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2019, 08:17:13 PM »
Just got an email from AIM that they have some in stock. https://aimsurplus.com/chinese-type-56-sks-7-62x39-rifles-grade-1-matching

Grade 2, non-matching: $379.95
Grade 2, matching: $409.95
Grade 1, non-matching: $409.95
Grade 1, matching: $439.95

None of the ridiculous hand select (but only selected from the crappy batch of five in front of the warehouse guy) fees or the 'milled trigger group is $20 extra' select fees.  I'd think either of the matching grades would be a pretty good buy, but honestly, 30 extra bucks is worth it for a nice collectible in the grade 1's while they last.  thumb1

Offline santaroga

• Cadet
  • Desert Rat
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2019, 09:36:20 PM »
since I ended up with a nice milled 11 million, all matching, with the $349 sale.... are these likely to be better? I know it's a crap shoot, but that's a decent premium there.
chocolate chip vet.

Offline echo83

• Rifleman
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2019, 03:38:38 PM »
santaroga, that's a nice looking rifle! I'm glad to see that people are getting some solid examples. Have you gotten it out to the range yet?

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2019, 04:34:22 PM »
I don't think you can improve on what you've got santaroga. Only reason to get another is to have one with a different year / different features or to get a mixmaster you want to customize (though there are much cheaper ways to accomplish the latter).    thumb1

Offline santaroga

• Cadet
  • Desert Rat
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2019, 01:25:53 PM »
santaroga, that's a nice looking rifle! I'm glad to see that people are getting some solid examples. Have you gotten it out to the range yet?

not till the week starts. too many people out in the wilderness for the holiday, and the range is totally occupied with match stuff for the holiday. I'll probably get out to the BLM tomorrow, but I have a few things to shoot. I usually get out a few times a week but with the holiday and some other stuff i'm stacked up like 3 weeks behind
chocolate chip vet.

Offline Mike M

• Newber
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2019, 08:58:30 PM »
That is a good looking rifle and I see they are on sale all week at $349. It does make you want to buy another.. :)
"...You can ask me for anything you like, except time" - Napoleon

Offline echo83

• Rifleman
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2019, 05:11:48 PM »
Just got an e-mail from Classic Firearms. They've dropped the price to $299 until 05 AUG 2019...

...at which point they will probably drop the price another $100. I guess bringing all those wheelbarrows of cash to bank must be tiring.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2019, 05:26:31 PM »
Just got an e-mail from Classic Firearms. They've dropped the price to $299 until 05 AUG 2019...

...at which point they will probably drop the price another $100. I guess bringing all those wheelbarrows of cash to bank must be tiring.

Ben claims in the video that he's selling below cost, so I wouldn't expect another drop unless there are gunsmith specials to dispose of.

Offline santaroga

• Cadet
  • Desert Rat
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2019, 10:27:40 PM »
I got suckered in by the $299 deal and ordered another.

but in other news, my albanian showed up today and was an excellent deal (as opposed to my ghost which showed up last week and is in a spiker stock, ARGH)
chocolate chip vet.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2019, 04:30:58 PM »
I heard on Gunboards that Classic had listed some cracked stock specials @ $249.99...checked and heck if if wasn't true.  I was able to resist the allure of $300 SKSs, but I can't at $250, especially for a ratty gun with a cracked stock.  That's like kryptonite right there; RM loves him some ratty guns.  Leave the pristine lookers to the snobby collectors!   rofl

With tax, ridiculous shipping, + their $3 shipping insurance added I'm looking at right at $300 right to my door.  I've seen poor examples sell right at that much on GB lately, so the downside is limited unless it's missing a major component or the bore is a sewer pipe.   

I'm hoping the cracked stock will not require too much TLC to get it back into shooting shape.  One of my previous SinoBanians had a really nasty crack just to the side of the receiver in a real thin spot on the stock.  I was able to fix it with dental floss and a good quality wood glue to the point that I can't even find it unless I look *really* hard under good lighting. 

Anywhoo, Lets hope its an all matching year 6, 15 (or better yet 16) gun eh?  That would be nice icing on the cake.  I opted not to pay for the hand select for matching numbers, because they have a disclaimer that there are no refunds (expected on a cracked stock special), and they are not hand selecting for numbers on this lot anyhow, only the best 10 for cosmetics.  No idea what they'd do if someone selected hand select for cosmetics (+$20) and hand select for numbers (+ another $20) though... think1

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2019, 05:47:35 PM »
Can't wait to see what you get RM! I put one in my cart, and came to just under $300 shipped to my door with, tax, shipping, etc. I just couldn't pull the trigger this time, I'll have to live through your cracked stock special for now.