Author Topic: Couple Romys to add to the data  (Read 4946 times)

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Couple Romys to add to the data
« on: June 06, 2017, 12:46:37 AM »
They're in typical condition for Romys, a little rough and forced match. '60 top (RD 852), '59 bottom (GM 2569). The '60s stock is cracked, but repaired, at the pistol grip and butt. It came in a black Tapco. I put it back in the OG wood for picts. The '59 seems the better of the two and as it looks as if it's seen action. I'm a happy camper and they're kinda hard to find at a reasonable price these days. PAX

My bad...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:37:04 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Couple Romys to add to the data
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:13:05 AM »
Nice...  thumb1

Now, please send me my rifle back, please.. it has my initials....GM on it.  :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 08:32:20 AM »
Nice rifles!   thumb1
I had 2 1958 ones at one time but sold them off to acquire other arms.  Wish I would have kept at least one of them.   :(

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 08:46:19 AM »
nice, thanks for sharing.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 11:17:16 AM »
A lot of Romanian goodness lately. Nice duo E1  thumb1 I've just got one Romanian SKS but they're beautiful rifles.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 01:56:29 PM »
GM...  Did you record these in the serial data board?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 02:04:41 PM »
Wasn't me.  Somebody might have; with the double XX S/N stricken guns we had early on, it's hard to tell what exact gun those entries stand for.  If not, these two are within 100 numbers of two others we have seen and recorded. 

I don't have either in my files.  Looks like PAX got a couple nice ones though.  thumb1

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 02:06:25 PM »
GM...  Did you record these in the serial data board?

Just did it....but... I think we need serial/date shots for verification, PAX you can PM me the shots or post them..your call.. think1 there is no '59 with an RD prefix and no '60 with a GM prefix.. The other way around would make more sense..a '59 with GM<----thats me :) and a '60 with the RD.

Just added pending verification after the serials... and double checked.. I would guess the prefixes are backwards..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:15:20 PM by Greasemonkey »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »
Romanian serial tracking is your baby.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 11:17:05 PM »
Geez echo where you finding all these Ca, guns !! especially Romy's. thumb1 Good finds buddy. Do Not ! send anything to GM his initials change every time someone posts up a new Romy  chuckles1 just tell him usps wont ship them without cleaning rods and have him send you a couple first..  rofl2 How many Romys does that make ? You might have enough for a family portriat..  thumb1

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 03:35:26 PM »
Just did it....but... I think we need serial/date shots for verification, PAX you can PM me the shots or post them..your call.. think1 there is no '59 with an RD prefix and no '60 with a GM prefix.. The other way around would make more sense..a '59 with GM<----thats me :) and a '60 with the RD.

Just added pending verification after the serials... and double checked.. I would guess the prefixes are backwards..

Yes, I got the complete serials backwards. '59 GM 2569, '60 RD 852 with a cracked stock that I've since replaced with a Clearwater. But the cracked is numbered to the rifle.
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 03:56:33 PM »
Geez echo where you finding all these Ca, guns !! especially Romy's. thumb1 Good finds buddy. Do Not ! send anything to GM his initials change every time someone posts up a new Romy  chuckles1 just tell him usps wont ship them without cleaning rods and have him send you a couple first..  rofl2 How many Romys does that make ? You might have enough for a family portriat..  thumb1

DC, these are older acquisitions I thought I'd submit to the data base. I have been on a roll though. Got an Alby on the way, an offer on another Romy, pending examination. Picked up two very nice SKSs, a sweet M59 & an equally nice NORINCO, a 1918 commercial Colt 1911 extra mags + 800 rds, 5 NATO SA X51 battle packs, mess of NORINCO X39, MN M38 + 200 rds S&B, 1K X54 Russian, 400 rds Romo 8 MM (the FN 49 is supposed to love this stuff), couple hunnerd 9 MM, & 20 pounds of .357 mag.
Also looked at a few pistols on a pre-estate sale. The guys still alive and is giving me first dibs. He's the same fella I got my SVT40 from.
.380 Colt M80
S&W M59 ex-carry pistol
Ruger single six convertible
Ruger MKII
H&R 999 Sportsman
  You need a crew  

Online MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 07:58:36 PM »

DC, these are older acquisitions I thought I'd submit to the data base. I have been on a roll though. Got an Alby on the way, an offer on another Romy, pending examination. Picked up two very nice SKSs, a sweet M59 & an equally nice NORINCO, a 1918 commercial Colt 1911 extra mags + 800 rds, 5 NATO SA X51 battle packs, mess of NORINCO X39, MN M38 + 200 rds S&B, 1K X54 Russian, 400 rds Romo 8 MM (the FN 49 is supposed to love this stuff), couple hunnerd 9 MM, & 20 pounds of .357 mag.
Also looked at a few pistols on a pre-estate sale. The guys still alive and is giving me first dibs. He's the same fella I got my SVT40 from.
.380 Colt M80
S&W M59 ex-carry pistol
Ruger MKII
H&R 999 Sportsman

⬆️And this was just in the last week ⬆️........ chuckles1

Offline John Galt

• Jack of all trades…Master of none!
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 08:47:13 PM »
Some pretty Rommie goodness!!
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »

.380 Colt M80
S&W M59 ex-carry pistol
Ruger MKII
H&R 999 Sportsman

⬆️And this was just in the last week ⬆️........ chuckles1

Last month, but within the same week for the iron & steel, from a couple new found and Calgunners. The 8mm came from 2 different board sources. As a single monthly expenditure, I did really, really good. Piece by piece, I still did well, even against the national pricing.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. More importantly, I met some Kali folks I can trust.  ;) PAX
  You need a crew