Author Topic: Luftwaffe Femaru Pistole 37  (Read 14410 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Luftwaffe Femaru Pistole 37
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:29:11 PM »
I didn't even know about these until recently when Blicero bid on one. Trying to be a smart buyer, I did alot of research and waited for the right gun to pop up.  The one I went after and won the bid on is actually somewhat rare when it comes to these critters. This is one of est 5,000 guns in this configuration having (Pistole M37 Kal 7.65mm) on the slide vs the later models stating (P.mod 37 Kal 7.65mm). 

Here are the variations and numbers of each produced. Highlighted is the version I bought.

The German government negotiated a contract for 50,000 7.65mm Auto Frommer 37M pistols with pro-Axis Hungary in 1941. These were destined largely for the Luftwaffe.

Variants:
- 1st Variant. Except for the change of caliber to 7.65, the first consignments were identical to the 37M. Legend: 'FÉMÁRU FEGYVER ÉS GÉPGYÁR RT 37M'. Est. 1000 made.

- 2nd Variant. The Luftwaffe demanded a manual thumb safety catch, which was added to the left rear of the frame. New legend: 'Pistole M.37, Cal. 7,65mm', manufacturing code 'jhv 41' and German WaffenAmt 'WaA56' acceptance stamps were added. Est. 1000 made.

- 3rd Variant. New legend: 'Pistole M.37, Kal. 7,65mm'. The spelling 'Cal' was changed to 'Kal'. The 'jhv 41' and 'WaA56' markings are present. Est. 5000 made.

- 4th Variant. New legend: 'P. Mod.37 Kal. 7,65.' The 'jhv 41' and 'WaA56' markings are present. Est. 43000 made to complete the 1st contract of 50,000 pistols.

- 5th Variant. Second contract, 1943. Same legend: 'P. Mod.37 Kal. 7,65.' The new code was 'jhv 43' and the WaffenAmt was 'WaA173'. Est. 35,000 made to complete the 2nd contract.

From what I understand, all the original holsters are specifically Luftwaffe marked lending little doubt as to who received these pistols. I dont have it in-hand yet, but thought I would share it using the sellers outstanding pictures for now.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:49:56 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Luftwaffe Femaru Pistole 37
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »
That's a real beauty  8)  thumb1 

Looks like typical WWI/II/Cold War era military pistol sights that seemed to be focused on minimizing snagging rather than maximizing marksmanship.

Ought to be great fun to shoot.  32ACP has such a light recoil that it's fun for everyone and easy to put on paper.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 01:41:24 AM »
Very nice pistol! Odd shape in the muzzle end of the slide, I've never seen anything like that. Good snag Cannon  clap1

Offline brentb636

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 07:15:01 AM »
Looks like a nice acquisition.  I like the build quality of the Hungarian pistols .  They've flown under the radar for a long time.
:)
Brent
I like guns

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 03:05:43 PM »
From what I hear, the build quality and craftsmanship is very nice indeed.  I also hear this model fits very nicely in your hand. Cant wait to give it a go... need to find some ammo.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »
Research shows, The barrel in 32acp was the only part changed from the Hungarian issued 380acp.  The magazine and all other parts are the same. 

I wanna find a standard hungarian issue 380 barrel.  I figure I can save the original and have more bang, not to mention Im already setup to load 380.

Look how easy the barrel comes out!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:28:53 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 06:13:54 PM »
Wow. Field stripping looks very user friendly on this pistol, and it looks like a very unique barrel attachment design.  I see it also has the Euro style bottom mag release.  My Radom P-64 is like that. No accidental thumb dumping of a mag on these but it sure isn't set up for a rapid magazine change.  I'll be curious what the trigger is like on your Femaru.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 11:26:00 AM »
The Hungarians were masters at crafting guns. I can't wait to hear about it once you have it in hand. I know you'll be impressed.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 09:57:33 AM »
The Hungarians were masters at crafting guns. I can't wait to hear about it once you have it in hand. I know you'll be impressed.

Lets hope your right, seeing this is all your fault to begin with.   bat1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 08:34:59 PM »
Yup..   I really like this pistol!   thumb1  Super comfortable in the hand and the quality is bar-none.  Wish I had some stinkin ammo.   cry1

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 09:07:35 PM »
Oh, nice!  drool2  Looks even better in natural light  thumb1

I've got some 7.65x17mm ammo, soooo, if you have no use for this pistol you can ship it to me  ;)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 09:21:42 PM »
Wish I had some stinkin ammo.   cry1

Gee, wish in one hand, sh*t in the other, which fills first? They make ammo everyday, it ain't some fancy smancy uber rare exotic caliber ..... go getcha a box of .32acp, 7.65×17mm Browning SR, 7.65 mm Browning or .32 Automatic, what ever you wanna call it, you tightwad. Otherwise, it's just an expensive paperweight... chuckles1 rofl2

It is kinda sorta cool in it's own way thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 09:32:20 PM »
Paper weight... Hmmmmmm.       think1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 11:27:33 PM »
Congratulations Cannon, we're waiting to hear (photos) about how it shoots.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »
I never realized there were so many minute variations. Either I'm not too observant or I just haven't seen enough of them.
Your safe is now crying out for a g98/40 to accompany its Hungarian brethren. Go git ya some.
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."

-LooseCannon

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 07:30:09 PM »
Or, you know...just sell me the Femaru.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 07:35:05 PM »
Good luck with that!   rofl

Offline Donp236

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • [url=https://ibb.co/jYAvPQ][img]https://thumb.ibb.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 03:06:44 PM »
Nice looking 1941 Femaru.  I don't have one but I have always liked the looks of that gun.  I have a Sauer and Sohn 1943 Eagl/C 38H on layaway will get it paid off theis month.  I'll post pic's when i get it.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 03:46:01 PM »
Yeah buddy..   like to see that.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 10:56:33 PM »
I just dropped by to compare this one to that one we were looking at with the matching mag and tropical rig that's available on that website.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:14:22 PM by Blicero »
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon