Author Topic: WASR-10  (Read 12987 times)

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: WASR-10
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 04:15:06 PM »
AH, I'm really offended...ambivalent...proud that you put me in the enabler category  rofl

Nobody likes to collect milsurps etc. alone, that might indicate I/we had a problem  nailbite1  chuckles1

The double hook trigger seems to be solid and releases cleanly. 

Wondering about 922r so I contacted Atlantic Firearms (no response; they're at Shot Show) and Century.  The Century rep told me that all of the internals are US made, the rest (except the muzzle brake and pistol grip) is Romanian.  That leaves me a lot of latitude to replace the furniture if I want to. I had heard that the blonde furniture was American made so I was concerned about my parts count if I started going retro original, but it looks like that's not a worry.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »
Went the cheap route to start  :))  Picked up a "bakelite" Romanian pistol grip for $7 from Desert Fox Sales and a leather Romanian sling using my eBay bucks plus $6.  I stripped the furniture of finish and applied a base of Minwax Red Mahogany followed by English Walnut to make it a bit more brown. The ash, or whatever this wood is, didn't like to soak up stain very well. I already had a couple of Romanian bayonets in the bayo bucket, so that accessory was easy. I may need to dull that lacquer finish with another rub down from the steel wool. Not a perfect match to the medium dark reddish-brown color I had in my mind but fairlyl close, and I like it better than the blonde look.

Got some better lighting conditions later in the day....

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:40:12 PM by Phosphorus32 »

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2016, 10:02:51 PM »
I certainly like the dark look over the blonde on this one Jon!  Looks like it's shaping up nicely.  thumb1

Having the pistol grip a different color/material than the stock would drive me nuts though, my OCD would force them all to be the same!  chuckles1

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 10:50:54 PM »
I certainly like the dark look over the blonde on this one Jon!  Looks like it's shaping up nicely.  thumb1

Thanks Joe  :)

Having the pistol grip a different color/material than the stock would drive me nuts though, my OCD would force them all to be the same!  chuckles1

rofl  I can understand that...but I'm good with it.  ....Although, I may have to take a look at it with the black plastic grip  think1   chuckles1

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 09:23:14 AM »
Looking good with the darker color. I keep telling myself I don't need one but the everyone seems to like the newer ones.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
Looking good with the darker color. I keep telling myself I don't need one but the everyone seems to like the newer ones.

Thanks!

I put it off for a long time, but I always knew I'd get at least one AK  :)) 

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 11:30:33 PM »
Dude.....Aks and Oreos....Jimmy has told ya..you can't have........ just one. :)

Looks good, take a blond to a red....nice thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem