Author Topic: Mauser HSC, military marked. Space gun!  (Read 6343 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
Mauser HSC, military marked. Space gun!
« on: February 26, 2016, 05:45:47 PM »
  Here's a neat little pistol I picked up a few months back. A local collector asked me to help run his table at a show, he's trimming the fat to help fund a trip to Scotland. When I met him on Friday morning this is the first gun that I noticed on the table. He has recently taken a shine to competition shooting, and has been coveting my Swede Mausers for a few years, so he was naturally interested in some horse trading. I ended up giving him the Swede m96, $100, a few boxes of Prvi x55, and two minor league prospects to be named at a later date, for the Mauser pistol & holster and 200 rounds of 32, without really knowing if I was getting a great deal or hosed. I've never really followed the HSC market. All I knew was it's Mauser, German military marked, WWII, and in remarkably nice condition, so therefore I must own it.   

From what I can gather, most Mausers HSCs are police/commercial marked but a handful will be found with the waa135 or 655 military acceptance on the trigger guard. Even a smaller handful (pinkieful?) can be found with kriegsmarine acceptance marks. This gun has the early high polish & blued finish, something they abandoned as the war progressed. It's a neat design, being a double action pistol. The safety works as a decocker and when the safety is disengaged you can just let it rip. I love it! The holster he tossed in is not period correct, it's from the '60s, but it does appear designed specifically for the HSC.

After studying the market on these things for the past few months I've begun to think I got a killer deal. My buddy is ecstatic about tuning in the Swede and working up some loads for it, and he knows I get my rocks off on German stuff, so everybody involved is content. The only downside to it all is, since we've made the deal, now I have to put up with him talking trash. On every range trip it's "Ohh look what a real shooter with talent can do with this rifle" as he shoves a target at me with a few dime-sized groups punched through it. "And I'm blind in one eye with glaucoma in the other!" rofl I'm happy for the old bastard. Pics:

"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Mauser HSC, military marked. Space gun!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 10:06:51 PM »
 drool2

How many axis pistols you had now?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »
Das ist ein schön kleine Mauser Pistole! Sehr gut!  thumb1 The bluing is very good but the grips are immaculate  :o

The webbing on the trigger guard definitely gives it that "space gun" look.

I have to say, I think the Swedish Mauser will outshoot it  rofl

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:03:05 PM »

No way. I'll show you how talented I am with this pistol, just go downrange and hold up a quarter.

drool2

How many axis pistols you had now?

One or two. Sell me the Femaru.
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."

-LooseCannon

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 07:21:13 PM »

No way. I'll show you how talented I am with this pistol, just go downrange and hold up a quarter.

Sure!  What could possibly go wrong?!  Oh, yeah, I'll be standing at the 1000m target  :))

Offline Donp236

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • [url=https://ibb.co/jYAvPQ][img]https://thumb.ibb.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »
Your HSc was made in 1942 and still has the high polish.  According to Alan Burnham's book there were 27000 HSc's produced for the German Army in 1942.  The holster is post war all wartime holsters had one wide belt loop.  The holster may have originally held a police issue PP but an HSc will fit it too. Nice looking gun.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:30:52 PM by Donp236 »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 09:55:30 PM »
Donp!!    How the heck are ya man? 

Any new pistols?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Donp236

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • [url=https://ibb.co/jYAvPQ][img]https://thumb.ibb.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »
Donp!!    How the heck are ya man? 

Any new pistols?

Doing good, any yes I acquired a Mauser BYF44 Eagle F police P.38 a while back.  I'll post a picture soon.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 08:46:12 PM »
Your HSc was made in 1942 and still has the high polish.  According to Alan Burnham's book there were 27000 HSc's produced for the German Army in 1942.  The holster is post war all wartime holsters had one wide belt loop.  The holster may have originally held a police issue PP but an HSc will fit it too. Nice looking gun.

Thanks Don  thumb1

Congrats on your new p38.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon