Author Topic: Remington R1 1911  (Read 6554 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Remington R1 1911
« on: January 26, 2015, 07:10:42 PM »
Finally had a chance today to test out this great weapon I bought from Blicero. Something about a 1911 thats just perfect in every way!   I love this gun!!

I even had the opportunity to physically detach the old washing machine lid.    rockon 

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:22:23 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
Re: Remington R1 1911
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:01:15 PM »
FINALLY? That's really the first time shooting it? Unreal.
I see 12 holes. You either shot two airballs or you're in the very strange habit of loading only 6 rounds into the mag. Don't lie. You whiffed!
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 08:11:18 PM »
FINALLY? That's really the first time shooting it? Unreal.
I see 12 holes. You either shot two airballs or you're in the very strange habit of loading only 6 rounds into the mag. Don't lie. You whiffed!

I only chunked a handful in my pocket and walked out the door. Loaded a full mag, dumped it, reloaded the rest.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »
Did you fire from the spot you took the photo, were you using standard ball ammo? Danged good shooting for the first time with that particular pistol!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 08:38:17 PM »
Did you fire from the spot you took the photo, were you using standard ball ammo? Danged good shooting for the first time with that particular pistol!

Yup...  took the pic from where I was standing just before firing... pulled one to the right.   >:(

Was shooting some steel case Tula.  :))

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:54:10 PM »
I noticed there were no powder burns around the holes!  chuckles1

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 12:02:13 AM »
Poor tree! cry1

I'm shocked a weapon of Kevin's actually fired w/o you having to put another $100 in parts into it!  rofl2

Nice shootin'!  thumb1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 04:51:16 PM »
That washing machine lid is a goner.  That there's some good lead slinging Texas Travis!

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »
Poor tree! cry1

I'm shocked a weapon of Kevin's actually fired w/o you having to put another $100 in parts into it!  rofl2

Nice shootin'!  thumb1

ONE TIME!  banghead1 banghead1
I'm still excavating old newspapers, bicycle tires and firing pin shards out of your Yugo. So shut it!  rofl

You guys are looking at the finest pistol design of all time. I'm glad I could you hook up LC!
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."

-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:11 PM »
And thanks to you for selling me  functioning weapon.   :)  ..    Father inlaw never shot one, another 1911 believer born.   thumb1
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:22:56 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 11:32:27 PM »
Laugh Kevin, you're never going to live that broken trigger bar down. That I guarantee!  That or dropping my fine Ugly Betty yugo on a boulder your first time out with her!

I still love ya man!  thumb1

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 11:54:37 PM »
You guys are cracking me up  rofl

It's a testament to a gun's functionality, durability, and superiority when I've owned seven of them and never broken any of them  :))

Travis, I know those tall sights make it pleasurable as hell to shoot. Put on some USGI sights!
I was at the range with a friend of mine last weekend. The kid is a hell of a shot for being only 22 years old. But he's used to glocks and shields etc. I handed him my 1944 Remington 1911a1. We were shooting at golf balls on the ground about 20 feet away and when I handed him the 1911 he couldn't even get within 30 feet of the Titleist. I was laughing my ass off.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 12:19:35 AM »
You guys are cracking me up  rofl

It's a testament to a gun's functionality, durability, and superiority when I've owned seven of them and never broken any of them  :))

Travis, I know those tall sights make it pleasurable as hell to shoot. Put on some USGI sights!
I was at the range with a friend of mine last weekend. The kid is a hell of a shot for being only 22 years old. But he's used to glocks and shields etc. I handed him my 1944 Remington 1911a1. We were shooting at golf balls on the ground about 20 feet away and when I handed him the 1911 he couldn't even get within 30 feet of the Titleist. I was laughing my ass off.

Automatics are a wee bit harder for the average shooter to master, lot of difference from a revolver. I've never seen a Remington 1911 other than photos but I'm impressed with the looks of this one. Cannon if you get the chance to take some 50 yard shots I believe you will be surprised at the accuracy these little monsters are capable of! Lots of folks underestimate the potential of a slow, heavy .45 caliber bullet. Like Blicero said..."You guys are looking at the finest pistol design of all time"...Mr. John Browning definitely knew what he was doing!

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 12:35:00 AM »
OK. Phew. I saw Dannyboy replying here and I thought we'd find another prankster making fun of me. I already banned RM. Two guys in one day is too much  rofl
The new production Remington is an interesting 1911. It has the finger cutouts like the 1911a1. Short trigger like a1 and modern sights. Other than that, it's an ode to the original 1911- blue over park, straight mainspring housing. The trigger itself feels a little tinny to me but other than that, I'd say Remington is on top of their game with the R1. It's probably the best bang for your buck (along with RIA) in the modern 1911 game.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 10:10:43 AM »
I dont need/want any fancy-pantcy stuff on a 1911....  Ridiculous high quality, originality, and functionality of the original design by a one of the original manufacturers at an affordable price makes the R1 a home-run!

I would likely not hit anything with a Glock....  steady as a rock with this 1911.  I really feel like I can hit anything I pointed at, and to me it just fits.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 01:52:36 PM »
OK. Phew. I saw Dannyboy replying here and I thought we'd find another prankster making fun of me. I already banned RM. Two guys in one day is too much  rofl
The new production Remington is an interesting 1911. It has the finger cutouts like the 1911a1. Short trigger like a1 and modern sights. Other than that, it's an ode to the original 1911- blue over park, straight mainspring housing. The trigger itself feels a little tinny to me but other than that, I'd say Remington is on top of their game with the R1. It's probably the best bang for your buck (along with RIA) in the modern 1911 game.

Blicero I'm crushed that you think I would hammer you...especially since you gave RIA .45's honorable mention!!  :)

I agree with you LC, the 1911 has done well as it is for over 100 years, all the fancy stuff doesn't make a person a better shooter! With this Remington I would say you (and Blicero) have good taste.