Author Topic: spring loaded firing pin  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Blackbird92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
spring loaded firing pin
« on: November 04, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »
I have seen several youtube videos on replacing the floating firing pin with a spring loaded one. Murry's and other mfg's.  How many have tried this, and what were the results.  The other side of the question is how many people really have a problem with the stock pin if the rifle is maintained?  Slam fires and such. Just trying to make this yugo as reliable as possible. I am fussy about maintaining the weapons so I don't anticipate problems with it.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: spring loaded firing pin
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 01:22:49 AM »
I think its only relevant if your shooting boxer primed ammo?  I dunno, but I have no issues with a free floating pin.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Blackbird92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 12:32:31 PM »
That's what I was hoping to hear.  I don't have a problem modifying it if that is a consistent problem.  Seems like if it's cleaned, and checked it should be fine.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 01:13:10 PM »
It's rarely a problem. I've never had an issue and I've had almost 20 sks's. The biggest thing is to make sure it's clean when you get the rifle. Sometimes people are lazy when they de-cosmo the gun and don't clean the firing pin channel. Or if someone over oils the action and oil gets in there it will mix with firing residue. Basically, if the firing pin channel is clean and dry, it's very unlikely you'll ever have an issue.