Author Topic: Huazong Boresight  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Huazong Boresight
« on: June 26, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »
I see these pop up occasionally and piqued my interest a little.  One just came up for a decent 'roll the dice' price so I jumped. 

Has anyone ever used one of these or something similar?  They seem a bit different than similar 'universal' items I have tried before...seems like if it is intended for this specific caliber, it would have to be more precise.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HUAZHONG-XQY-1-7-62mm-AK-or-SKS-BORESIGHT-MADE-IN-CHINA/123210516471?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Huazong Boresight
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 08:32:43 PM »
Oh now thats interesting.  It has optics for dif distances.   :o

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 03:30:39 PM »
It came in yesterday....complete with it's English as a secondary language manual...It even has it's desiccant packet (also listed in the manual)  chuckles1

It's pretty nifty...seems it is kind of like a bore periscope.  You look through the optic on the side, aim at a target at adjustable distances, then adjust your scope to match.  Each optic has one band of the crosshair you see when looking through it...I assume the adjustable one is the elevation 'hair'.   Pretty neat concept...the manual even states that the purpose is to save ammo. It also suggests that it can be used to make up for the shooter's tendencies....which might come in handy for this less than crack shot crackpot. :)

Now I just need to locate my bench rest I threaded for an old movie camera tripod....my neighbors are gonna think I am trying to make a gun sextant...I hope they don't call the cops.  :o

It probably wouldn't hurt to get an app or something to convert my measuring wheel readings to metric....

This thing looks like a very fun tool...if it ever stops raining for like fifteen minutes, I might get to use it and report my results.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 05:42:05 PM »
CANNON WANT!   

Sounds pretty well how I imagined it would work....   nice grab!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 09:30:51 AM »
Oh now thats interesting.  It has optics for dif distances.   :o

I just want to see the rifle that can shoot infinity distance  chuckles1 rofl

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 09:32:35 AM »
The focus man.....  the focus!